MailChimp is a web-based application that works in most web browsers. There's no need to download or install any software to your computer to use MailChimp. Since you'll be working in a web browser while using MailChimp, there are a few browser-related settings you'll need to make sure are enabled.
- Make sure cookies are enabled in your browser so all elements of our application work as expected.
- The minimum screen resolution should be set to 1024 x 768 for optimal viewing. If you're using a Netbook, try setting the resolution to 1200 x 800 if you're seeing things out of place in the application.
- The latest version of Flash and/or HTML5 is required to view any of the videos on our site.
The MailChimp site is designed to be responsive and mobile compatible to allow you to work in the full version of the application on the go. You can create and edit email campaigns using the drag-and-drop editor, view and edit your lists, make account changes, and more.
When working on a mobile device, the MailChimp site will resize and adjust to any mobile device, down to a 7" tablet, but phones are not yet supported to create email campaigns. If you would like to create an email campaign on a mobile phone, you can use our Email Beamer option to create a message in your email client and send it to your MailChimp account.
Compatible mobile browsers
- iOS: Safari
- Android: Chrome
- Make sure you use the most recent stable release version of your preferred browser. We can't promise full support for beta or developer versions.
- In some cases, browser add-ons, extensions, or plugins can interfere with the functionality of our application. If you're seeing any unexpected behavior while working in your MailChimp account, you may want to disable these extras or try a browser without them to see if things improve.