MailChimp's built-in search feature can help you locate campaigns and contacts in your account from any page.
In this article, you'll learn how to use MailCh
Before You Start
- New contacts and campaigns don't always appear in search results immediately. When a new contact is added to your list or a new campaign is created, we have to re-index the account data for it to become searchable. Allow some time before you try your search again.
- Hyphens and other special characters may not be recognized by the search engine. Be sure to leave any special characters out when you search.
Type a campaign keyword or a contact's name into the Search bar, without any hyphens or special characters, and press Enter or click the magnifying glass icon. Results display below the Search bar.
Use the filter drop-down menu to display results by type.
When you click Search on the Campaigns page, search will prefilter for campaigns. From the Lists page, it will automatically filter for contacts. If you want to search both, choose Everything from the drop-down menu.
For more specific searches, like merge tag values or campaign content, click Advanced search keywords.
Search for Contacts
More relevant search results appear at the top of the list. Click the View Profile button to view the contact's profile.
To search contacts in a particular list, look for the Search icon next to the Settings drop-down menu.
After you click the Search icon, a Search bar appears that displays the list name. Enter keywords as you normally would to search, and the results you get will only come from the list you've selected.
Click X in the top-right corner to return to the your list.
Contact search keywords
To search a specific field of the contact profile, try adding these keywords to your search term. Do not include any hyphens or special characters in your search.
- email:XX – Searches the email address field across all lists where XX is all or part of the address you are searching for.
- merge1:XX – Searches the *|MERGE1|* field across all lists where XX is all or part of the content you're searching for.
- merge2:XX – Searches the *|MERGE2|* field field across all lists where XX is all or part of the content you're searching for.
- notes:XX – Searches the Notes field in a profile where XX is all or part of the content you're searching for.
- alldata:XX – Searches across all data in the list where where XX is all or part of the content you're searching for.
Search for Campaigns
Campaign search results display in the order of most relevance to your search term, and include drafts and sent email campaigns.
When you click the title of a draft campaign, you'll enter the Campaign Builder to edit. When you click the title of a sent campaign, you'll see the Campaign Overview.
Drop-down menus display for each campaign type, should you need additional options.
Campaign search keywords
To search a specific part of a campaign, try adding these keywords to your search term.
- fromname:XX. Searches the From: name of a campaign where XX is the keyword.
- subject:XX. Searches the subject line of a campaign where XX is all or part of the subject line you're searching for.
- name:XX. Searches the name of a campaign where XX is all or part of the campaign name you're searching for.
- status:XX. Searches the status of a campaign. For XX, use draft, sent, paused, or scheduled.
- type:XX. Searches across campaign types. For XX, use regular, absplit, rss, auto, or plaintext.
- send_time:XX. Searches the send time of a campaign.
- content:XX. Searches the content of a campaign where XX is your keyword.