You can quickly add a single subscriber to your MailChimp list from the Lists page in your account without going through the double opt-in process, just make sure you have the subscriber's permission before you add them to your list. In this article we walk you through the steps to add a single email address to a list.
- Navigate to the Lists page.
- Click the subscriber icon for the list.
- Fill out their information and check the This person gave me permission to be added to my list box.
- Click the Subscribe button.
After clicking Subscribe, we show a confirmation message to let you know the subscriber was added to your list successfully.
This feature is accessible by users with Manager level or higher permissions. Take a look at this article to learn more about the different access levels for a MailChimp account.
- You must have a person's permission before adding them to a list. If you add a person this way, there is no double opt-in "paper trail" in case the person forgets and reports you for spamming.
- If you'd like to add more than one person at a time you can walk through the import process to add them to an existing list.