When an email address is unsubscribed from your list we store the address in the unsubscribed section, so that you can never accidentally add that person back to this list. A subscriber can resubscribe to your list by completing the double opt-in process again themselves, or, if they were unsubscribed by mistake, you can add them back manually by following the steps in this article.
If you'd like to manually unsubscribe one or more email addresses from your list, just follow the steps below.
- Navigate to the Lists page.
- Click the title of the list you'd like to unsubscribe email addresses from.
- Click the Manage subscribers drop down menu and choose Unsubscribe people.
- Type or paste in the email addresses you'd like to unsubscribe into the Email addresses field.
- Click the Unsubscribe button to unsubscribe the addresses from your list.
This feature is accessible by users with Manager level or higher permissions. Take a look at this article to learn more about the different access levels for a MailChimp account.
- When an address is manually unsubscribed from your list we will not send them a confirmation email or unsubscribe notice.
- If there's an active autoresponder or a recently-sent campaign for the list, the list can't be deleted for seven (7) days following the last campaign send. Lists are required to remain in the account for seven days following the sending of a campaign or autoresponder to ensure that subscribers have time to unsubscribe and reports can be collected. During this seven day period, the bulk actions to delete subscribers and move to list will be disabled.