Each user of an account can edit information stored in the My Profile section specific to their profile. Your profile information is carried across all accounts you have access to.
Below we walk you through how to update profile information like your username and password, profile photo, and other settings.
- Find My profile settings
- Upload or change profile photo
- Update basic information
- Change username or password
- Accounts and notifications
- Account security
- AlterEgo authentication
Find My profile settings
To edit the profile settings in your account follow the steps below.
- Click your profile name to open the Account Panel.
- Click the My Profile option.
Upload or change profile photo
From your profile page, you can upload an image from your computer or click the Take A Photo! button to use your computer's camera to take a quick snap shot. Once you have a profile photo, you can edit the image using Aviary by clicking the pencil icon on your profile photo.
Your profile photo should now display next to your profile name on the sidebar navigation. This photo also appears next to your name when editing and leaving comments in the Campaign Builder and also next to any notes you make in a subscriber's profile.
Update Basic Information
We use the name entered in the First name field under the Basic information heading as your profile name. If you have access to multiple accounts, your name appears in bold next to the username of the account you are currently logged into.
To change the name for your account, provide new information in the First name and Last name fields, then click the Update button for that section.
Change username or password
To change your username, enter a new username and click the Update button. To change your password, follow the steps below.
Your password must be at least eight characters long, and contain a lower case letter, an upper case letter, a number, and a symbol. Your password meets requirements when all of the bulleted items are grayed out.
- Enter your current password in the Verify current password field.
- Enter your new password in the New password and Confirm new password fields.
- Click the Update button.
- A popup window appears asking you to verify that you are allowed to make username or password changes. Answer the security question or use the SMS (text message) option before clicking Continue to save the changes.
Generate strong password
We suggest creating and using a strong password to keep your account secure. Using a strong password is a vital part of protecting your account, so make sure to use one that's not easy to guess. Use the generate strong password link to automatically create a strong and secure password.
- Under the Username and password heading, click the generate strong password link.
- The system generates and displays a strong password next to the Use this password link.
- Clicking the Use this password link brings up the Save Your Password screen. You can select to Print A Reminder Card or click the Ok, I'll Remember It! button to save the generated password.
- Once you've printed or saved your password, be sure to confirm your changes by typing the new password in the confirm password field and then clicking the Update button.
Accounts and notifications
If you have admin level access, you can turn on notifications for your account to give you a heads up when a change is made. Account notifications are an optional security measure, but we strongly encourage all of our users to activate it for added account security. Just check the box next to each option you'd like to enable security notifications for.
Once you have enabled notifications for your account we send you an email or SMS notification (a text message) when any of the following occur:
- A login to your account occurs.
- An API Key has been generated.
- The contact information for your account has been changed.
- Someone attempts to download your list(s).
The Account Security section allows you to set up three security questions and answers. These security questions are used when you log in from an unknown IP address, to verify your identity within the app, or when you need to change any billing information. The security questions, in addition to the account password, help ensure that your MailChimp account is protected and your identity is safe.
You also have the ability to use SMS Verification instead of security questions to verify your identity. Using this option sends a text message challenge to your cellphone.
For more information about why account security is important, check out this article.
AlterEgo is a MailChimp app that adds two-factor authentication to your account. Two-factor authentication adds a second, independent system that must be breached before an attacker can get into your account. Read more about AlterEgo.
Internet Explorer does not currently support the Take A Photo option. If you use Internet Explorer with MailChimp, you need to use the Upload Photo button to set a profile photo.
You can keep your account even more secure by adding AlterEgo to your account. Any account that adds AlterEgo to their account receives a 10% discount just for adding the extra security. Not a bad deal.