This feature is available to users with Author level or higher permissions. Take a look at this article to learn more about the different access levels for a MailChimp account.
With the release of MailChimp 5.2, we added a feature that prevents junky Word code from being added to your campaign. But if you created your campaign or Template before August 2010-ish and you're using replications of that campaign or using a Template that had some Word code in the background, this article may apply to you.
Bad news on this one and we can thank Word for the problem. If you originally copied over your content from MS Word, the *ONLY* way to fix this is to start a new campaign and add clean content from a simple text editor. Or start the campaign over and repaste your content (since we clean it up for you now as described in the link above). Word creates so much junk code that the formatting remover tool can't even clean it up, or formatting will be a total pain or, in some cases with really big campaigns, Word can just kill the whole layout and it gets nasty. :(
How to enter clean content (there are three ways):
- Type directly into the content editor
- Paste in your content, we'll automatically try and strip out the junky code from Word so that you'll have an easier time of formatting.
- Copy and paste from a Simple Text Editor like Notepad or TextWrangler. You can copy and paste from Word to Notepad and then SAVE the Notepad file (as a text only file) to get rid of the junk code. If you don't SAVE that Notepad file, you'll find you have the same problem as before. Then you can copy over from your saved Notepad into our system.
After you've pasted or typed all your content into MailChimp, THEN go back and edit the formatting and styles later. When you edit your formatting and styles, the editor starts inserting lots of HTML code behind the scenes. If you keep making tons of edits as you work, code will start overlapping and conflicting. So, the golden rule is: Content first. Play with formatting later.
- How do I use GetBundles to install the MailChimp TextMate bundle?
- Why does my formatting disappear when I paste in content from Word?
- Will the eraser button on the content editor toolbar erase my content?
- Why can’t I change the formatting in my campaign using the style editor?
- Why Does My Email Look Good In Outlook, But Not Other Email Programs?