This feature is accessible by users with Admin level permissions. Take a look at this article to learn more about the different access levels for a MailChimp account.
You can close your MailChimp account permanently on the Close my Account page under Account Settings. It's worth noting once you close an account it can not be restored, so following the back up instructions this article before closing the account would be advised.
Once the backup is complete you can follow these steps to close your account:
- Click your name on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Select Account Settings from the account panel.
- Click the Account settings drop down and select Close my account.
- Under the Permanently delete this account? heading type DELETE into the box.
- Click the Delete Account button to permanently close your MailChimp account.
Once an account has been deleted it cannot be restored, so any data that was not backed up would be removed from our system and no longer able to be accessed.
If you just want to stop monthly billing, you don't have to permanently close your account. You can stop monthly billing by purchasing a Pay as you to plan to switch your billing type and stop monthly auto renewal charges. Take a look at this article for steps on how to switch payment plans.