With MailChimp you can create as many lists as you need! However, if you're looking to target a specific audience with your email marketing campaigns, it may be best to manage one master list and use Groups and our segmenting features instead.
To set up a brand new list in your MailChimp account follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Lists page.
- Click the Create List button on the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click the Create List button from the options that appear.
- Fill out the setup details with your information or your client's information and preferences.
- When you're finished, click the Save button.
- After saving, you'll see a notification that your list was created and a set of links for your next steps. .
What to do next
Your next step depends on whether you have an existing set of subscribers you can import to the list you just created.
If you do, then you're ready to import your subscribers to the list. To do this in MailChimp, click import subscribers on the confirmation screen shown above.
If you don't have any subscribers yet, the next step is to build a signup form that allows people to opt in to your list. To do this in MailChimp, click setup a signup form on the confirmation screen shown above.
Each list in MailChimp is completely separate from the others. This means that bounces, unsubscribes, and abuse complaints are tracked on a per-list basis rather than globally across all lists. Because lists are independent of one another and don't share any information, the total subscriber count used to determine your monthly plan will include duplicate email addresses each time they appear in a list. Learn more about list management here.
This feature is accessible by users with Manager level or higher permissions. Take a look at this article to learn more about the different access levels for a MailChimp account.