This feature is available to users with Author level or higher permissions. Take a look at this article to learn more about the different access levels for a MailChimp account.
MailChimp provides a large variety of customizable templates that you can use as the starting point for your email campaigns. Add your logo, customize the colors, and you've got a reusable template for your future email campaigns. You can also custom code templates in your preferred HTML editor and import them to your account, or code a template right in MailChimp.
Using MailChimp Templates
If you want to add content to any of our Designer Templates or create your own look with one of our Basic Templates, you can do this in the Templates section of your account.
- Click the Templates button on the Dashboard once you're logged in to your MailChimp account.
- Click Select under the Designer Templates or the Basic Templates option to view the available options.
Any newly added templates will be identifiable by an orange badge that says New and any mobile friendly templates will have a similar orange badge that shows a mobile icon.
- Hover over any template and click the magnifying glass to preview the template.
- Once you've selected a template hover over the thumbnail and click Edit to begin customizing.
- Once you've selected a template, you'll be able to add your logo and set your colors, styles, and fonts. You can also insert regularly-used images and content into your template (you'll be able to insert content you're only sending once when you create a campaign on the Design step of the Campaign Builder).
- When you're done editing click Save & Exit to name and save the template.
- Your newly-created template will live in the Templates section under My Templates for you to use over and over.
Creating Custom Templates
Use our template language to create your own template with editable regions set up just how you'd like them - you can import your template or code it right in your MailChimp account. If you're creating a custom template with your own design or code, this article contains some helpful information and tips.
To get started with your custom template select the Templates button on the MailChimp dashboard. Click Select under the Code Your Own or Import option to get started.
If you've entered campaign-specific content in the Campaign Builder, and then make a change to a template in the Templates section, we won't change your draft campaign. Changes to your template will only affect unedited areas of your draft campaigns and future campaigns. If you need to make a change to the underlying template, you'll need to do so before adding content to the campaign.