MailChimp provides a large variety of customizable templates that you can use as the starting point for your email campaigns. Add your logo, customize the colors, and you've got a reusable template for your future email campaigns. You can also custom code templates in your preferred HTML editor and import them to your account, or code a template right in MailChimp. Below we show you how to create a template from one of our Basic templates or Themes and give you some resources if you want to custom code a MailChimp template.
Using MailChimp Templates
If you want to create your own look with one of our Basic templates or add content to one of our predesigned Themes, you can do this in the Saved Templates section of your account.
- Navigate to the Campaigns page in your account.
- Click Saved Templates.
- Click Create Template.
- Choose either Basic or Themes.
- Click the Select drop down menu for a template and choose View for to preview it. You can also sort the templates using the Categories drop down.
- When you've found a template with a layout that works for you, click the Select button under the template to begin editing. You can add your logo and set your colors, styles, and fonts. You can also insert regularly-used images and content into your template. Any campaign specific content should be added when working in the Campaign Builder.
- When you're done editing click Save & Exit to name the template, then click the Save As... button.
Your newly-created template will be available from Saved Templates for you to use over and over.
Creating Custom Templates
You can use our template language to create your own template with editable regions set up just how you'd like them. You can import your template or code it right in your MailChimp account. If you're creating a custom template with your own design or code, this article contains some helpful information and tips.
This feature is available to users with Author level or higher permissions. Take a look at this article to learn more about the different access levels for a MailChimp account.
If you've entered campaign-specific content in the Campaign Builder, and then make a change to a template in the Templates section, we won't change your draft campaign. If you need to make a change to the underlying template, you'll need to do so before adding content to the campaign.