The MailChimp-Twitter integration allows you to auto-tweet your campaigns directly to Twitter and pull information from your Twitter profile into campaigns using merge tags.
Each list can be associated with a different Twitter account, or you can set up a default Twitter account that can be used for all lists. In this article, we walk you through how to connect a Twitter account and also how to change or disconnect a Twitter account.
- Connect MailChimp with Twitter
- Change or disconnect Twitter account
- Auto-tweet campaigns
- Troubleshoot Twitter integration
Connect to a Twitter account
- Click your profile name to expand the Account Panel.
- Select Account Settings.
- Click the Extras menu and select Integrations.
- Click Twitter to open the Twitter integration settings.
- Click the List to connect drop-down menu and select Account Default. The Twitter account you set as the Account Default is used for all lists that don't have an individual Twitter account tied to them.
- Click the Connect button. If you're not already logged in to Twitter, you're prompted to log in.
- Click Authorize App to give MailChimp access to the Twitter account.
- Wait just a moment while we redirect you back to MailChimp and show that the integration was successful.
From the List to connect drop-down menu, you can set a different Twitter account for individual lists in your MailChimp account. Once the integration is set up, you can also use Twitter merge tags to pull information from your Twitter account into MailChimp campaigns. We also have a predesigned Twitter auto-connect template that pulls in your Twitter profile automatically.
Change or disconnect Twitter account
If you need to change or disconnect the Twitter account set as the account default or for a specific list, follow the steps below.
- Click your profile name to open the Account Panel and choose Account Settings.
- Click the Extras drop-down menu on the account page and choose Integrations.
- Click the Twitter option to open the Twitter integration settings.
- Choose a list to configure the list-specific Twitter account, or Account Default to work with the default Twitter account your MailChimp account uses.
- Click the Disconnect button to break the connection.
From here, just follow the integration steps above to set a new Twitter account for the list or as the Account Default.
After integrating your Twitter account, you have the option to auto-tweet your campaign when you send to your list. Follow the steps below to set your campaign up for auto-tweeting.
- Create a new campaign.
- Navigate to the Setup step of the Campaign Builder.
- Under Social Media, click the box next to Auto-tweet campaign as.
- On the Design step, create your layout and use our Social Cards feature to customize how the campaign will look when shared on Twitter.
- Continue through the Campaign Builder to the Confirm step.
- On the Confirm step, check the Social section of the Pre-delivery Checklist to make sure the auto-tweet text is exactly what you want it to say. If you need to make changes, click the Edit button.
- When you're done checking your campaign, send it to your list.
Once the campaign is sent, we tweet an automatic message from your Twitter account containing the message you set on the Setup step and the campaign archive URL. If you have customized Social Cards, it will appear below the auto-tweet text. The auto-tweet text defaults to the email subject line and the *|URL|* merge tag. This merge tag populates with the campaign archive URL once the campaign has been sent to your list. Feel free to change the text auto-tweeted with your archive URL. Just make sure to not to delete the *|URL|* merge tag and stay within the 140 character limit if you decide to make edits.
- Campaign didn't auto-tweet. The best thing to do would be to make sure the Twitter integration is set up currently for your MailChimp account. Navigate back to the Integrations page in your account to check the Twitter integration settings. You can still share your campaign via twitter even if the campaign didn't auto-tweet successfully. Just grab the hosted archive link for your campaign, then share on Twitter.
- Desired Twitter account not showing on Setup step If you're not seeing the Twitter account you want on the Setup step, be sure to first hop back to the Integrations page. Expand the Twitter integration options there and make sure the Twitter account you want to Tweet the campaign from has been integrated with the MailChimp account or the specific list you're sending the campaign to. After you set that up, return to the Setup step of campaign builder and the desired Twitter account should now be available.