Member-activity ratings give you a quick visual measure of engagement levels of your subscribers. Our member ratings take into account things like open and click activity for each subscriber, past bounces or unsubscribes, and a number of other variables that are indicative of engagement. We recalculate these scores after each campaign is sent, and they are raised or lowered depending on your subscribers' recent activity.
Here's an overview of what the star ratings mean:
- 1 Star (negative rating) - This recipient has either unsubscribed and resubscribed, or soft bounced in the past.
- 2 Star (no activity) - This recipient is most likely a new member, or a previously engaged member who's gone dormant.
- 3 Star (limited activity) - This recipient opens or clicks your campaigns.
- 4 Star (a little more activity) - This recipient opens or clicks your campaigns.
- 5 Star (lots of activity) - This recipient opens or clicks your campaigns.
What are you supposed to do with this information, anyway? Member ratings are great for segmenting your list based on engagement levels. You can send a special campaign to your most loyal subscribers, or even send a "come back" campaign to your least engaged subscribers.