We offer a simple Signup Form Embed Code as a solution for adding a MailChimp signup form to your website. As each website is unique in its design and features, there are a number of variables on your site that can can affect the form's function. We've outlined some common issues and troubleshooting tips below.
My form doesn't show any success or error messages or submits to the hosted Sign Up Thank You Page after someone subscribes.
The Classic Form embed code uses a bit of jQuery to validate the form and produce dynamic response messages within the form container, such as the Almost Finished message they'll see when they click the Subscribe button.
- Navigate to the Lists from the main Dashboard in your MailChimp account.
- Click on the lists drop down menu and select Signup forms.
- Select Embedded forms.
- Choose Classic.
- Click in the area where the code appears and copy/paste this to your webpage.
My form submits to the hosted Signup Form With Alerts.
If your embedded form is directing to the hosted version of your MailChimp Signup Form With Alerts, check for any required fields that have been hidden on your signup form or deleted from the form code. For example, if your signup form includes a "First Name" field that is required, but it's been hidden or deleted from the embed code, this can cause the form to submit to the hosted form with errors after someone attempts to subscribe.
My form isn't doing anything after someone clicks the "Subscribe" button.
Subscribers saw a success message but weren't added to my list.
New subscribers won't be added to your list until they've confirmed their subscription. Have these folks check their spam/junk folder for the Opt-In Confirmation Email.
If you've edited the embed code at all, you'll want to ensure that the form is submitting data to the correct MailChimp account and list. When in doubt, head over to the Lists page in the correct MailChimp account, select the lists drop down menu, click Signup forms, select Embedded forms, and copy the cody that is generated on that page.
The embed code isn't working on my ASP.NET page.
ASP.NET pages require a bit of extra tweaking when adding an HTML form such as MailChimp's embed code. Check out the following resource for more info http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc163736.aspx#S4 or reach out to your site admin for further assistance.
Some form error messages may be produced and displayed by your web browser using HTML5 form validation. These messages are displayed before the form is submitted to MailChimp.
- Where can I find a pre-populated field with days of the week for my signup form?
- Where can I find a pre-populated field with months of the year for my signup form?
- Where can I find a gender field for my signup form?
- Where can I find a pre-populated field with US States for my signup form?
- I can’t see my text in the “add to address book” area on my signup form confirmation screens.