MailChimp's campaign and automation reports analyze clicks, opens, subscribers' social activity, E-commerce data, and more! In this article, we show you where to find your campaign and automation reports as well as walk through each of our available reporting features.
- Where do I find my campaign and automation reports?
- Reporting information
- Statistics on the report Overview
- Troubleshooting list stats
Where do I find my campaign and automation reports?
To view a report for an individual campaign or automation workflow, just navigate to the Reports page and select the Campaigns or Automation tab at the top of the page, depending on what type of report you're looking for. Then, click the View Report button for the campaign or automation workflow you'd like to view the report for.
You can also view a campaign or workflow report by navigating to the Campaigns or Automation page and selecting the View Report button for the sent campaign or workflow you want to view the report for.
Depending on the size of the list, open stats can take between 15-30 minutes to update, while click and abuse stats should update in real-time. Bounces are checked every minute, but can take longer to update when there is heavy traffic on MailChimp servers.
- The report Overview provides an at-a-glance look at how well a campaign performed: who was sent, when they opened, what they clicked, how many successful deliveries were made, along with lots of other info.
- The Activity menu lets you drill down further into campaign results. Selecting one of the Activity menu options allows you to view or export a segment of recipients that interacted with your campaign in a specific way such as opened or did not open, click performance, bounced, and others.
Activity can also be used to send targeted campaigns to specific portions of your list using MailChimp's powerful segmenting options.
- Links gives you a better idea of how well each tracked URL performed in the campaign. From this screen you can find a list of the tracked URLs from your campaign along with the number of total and unique clicks for each one. If you're viewing the report for a Regular or RSS-Driven campaign, we also populate a click map to give you a visual representation of how each link performed. Check out this article for more information on click tracking. Video: Click Performance
- Social reveals who's liking your campaign on Facebook, a list of the top influencers and referrers for the campaign, and a map of clicks from across the globe. Before we can add Facebook stats to your campaign reports, you need to integrate your account with Facebook.
- E-commerce reports show the total sales generated by the campaign, total number of conversions (orders received), and a breakdown of each subscriber's purchases. You can track sales from a click in your campaign all the way to a purchase. This allows you to see which customers make a purchase (and what they buy) after opening your campaign. Take a look at this article for more information.
- The Conversations tab shows replies to your campaign when conversation tracking is enabled. Conversation tracking offers more flexibility than a standard reply-to email address by allowing other account users to receive email notifications when a subscriber replies to your campaign. Read more about conversation tracking here.
- Advanced reports display Analytics 360 data when applicable, as well as integration stats such as those from Survey Gizmo, Eventbrite, or SurveyMonkey. We also show you a breakdown of the top email domains for your subscribers under the Email Domain Performance chart.
- Inbox Inspector, A/B split, and Time Warp results are available from the report Overview if you've used those features for your campaign. Just click the headings to see the results for those in your campaign report.
Statistics on the report Overview
Number of subscribers the campaign was sent to.
Date and time the campaign completed sending from MailChimp servers.
- Open rate
Percentage of successfully delivered campaigns that registered as an open.
- Click rate
Percentage of successfully delivered campaigns that registered a click.
- List average for opens and clicks
Average percentage of opens or clicks on previous campaigns sent to this list.
- Industry average for opens and clicks
Average percentage of opens or clicks for campaigns in the selected industry set for your account.
Number of recipients that opened this campaign any number of times.
Number of recipients that clicked any tracked link any number of times in this campaign.
Number of recipients that registered as a hard or soft bounce.
Number of subscribers that opted out of your list using the unsubscribe link in this campaign.
- Total opens
Total number of times the campaign was opened by recipients. This count includes multiple opens from individual recipients.
- Successful deliveries
The number of recipients that didn't hard or soft bounce on this campaign.
- Clicks per unique opens
Percentage of recipients that registered as an open who also clicked a link in your campaign.
- Total clicks:
Total number of times tracked links were clicked by recipients. This count includes multiple clicks from individual recipients
Number of times the campaign was forwarded using the Forward to a Friend form. This stat considers forwards only through the Forward to a Friend form and is not able to detect when a subscriber uses the forwarding function in their email program.
- Forward opens
Number of times the campaign was opened by someone who was forwarded the campaign using a Forward to a Friend form.
- Abuse reports
Number of recipients that reported your email as spam. Subscribers that report a campaign as spam are automatically unsubscribed from your list.
- Last opened
The most recent instance of a recipient opening the campaign.
- Last clicked
The most recent instance of a recipient clicking a tracked link in the campaign.
- 24-hour performance
A graph detailing subscriber activity (opens and clicks) for the first 24 hours after the campaign was sent.
- Top links clicked
The URLs that were clicked the most in the campaign.
- Subscribers with most opens
Subscribers that opened the campaign the most times.
- Social performance
Provides a bird's eye view of how well your campaign is doing across different social media outlets. When your campaign generates Facebook or EepUrl activity, we'll link to the stats on the report Overview. You can click the links to view more detailed information about the social activity for your campaign.
- Top locations
Displays where in the world your subscribers are opening your campaigns. Using geolocation tracking we collect your subscribers' location information to gather the name of the country subscribers are from.