<< Test First Name >> and << Test Last Name >> show up in the popup preview and test emails to let you know the merge tags are working. If you're using other merge tags in your content, you'll see similar placeholder text indicating which field is being used (such as << Test FieldName >>). These will be replaced with subscriber-specific information when you send a live campaign. In this article we walk you through the ways you can preview subscriber information instead of placeholder info.
In this article:
Preview subscriber info in Campaign Builder
- Navigate to the Design step of the Campaign Builder.
- Click the Preview and Test menu and choose Enter Preview Mode.
- Click the View Header Info link in the top navigation of the Campaign Builder.
- Click the View Live Merge Info button that appears, then use the left- and right-facing arrows to cycle through your list's subscribers.
Send campaign to test list
- On the Lists page, click the drop-down menu next to the list and choose Replicate list (this will ensure that you have all of the same fields for your test list).
- In the popup, fill in a name for your test list and click Replicate.
- Click the
subscriber icon next to the list you just created and add yourself to the list, along with anyone else helping you test your campaign.
Tip: You may want to fill out the various fields for your list for some people and leave them blank for others so you can see how the campaign appears with and without subscriber data in the list (in case some of the subscribers to your real list don't have first names filled in, for example).
- Navigate to the Campaigns page in your account.
- Click the drop down menu next to the campaign you're working with and select Replicate to create a copy of the campaign. You can also create a new campaign for testing.
- If you replicated the campaign, navigate to the Recipients step of the Campaign Builder. If you created a new campaign, when you get to this step, choose your test list.
- Customize your campaign, or check your settings if you've replicated the campaign by navigating through all of the steps.
- Send the campaign to your test list as a "live" campaign from the Confirm step. Each recipient will receive a live version of the test campaign, with the merge data filled in so you can preview how it will look for a real recipient.
|Was this article helpful?||
|What can we do to improve your experience with articles like this?|
At this time, we are unable to reply to any responses, but we'll use this information to keep the site up-to-date.