This feature requires Author user level or higher.
When you use MailChimp's Campaign Builder to create a campaign, you'll choose a campaign type, add recipients, choose a template, and add your own content.
In this article, you'll learn how to create a campaign in MailChimp.
Create a Campaign
To create a campaign, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the
Campaigns page. Click
- In the
New campaign pop-up modal, input your
- Use the drop-down menu to choose your Campaign type: Regular, Plain-Text, A/B Testing, or RSS.
- Click Create.
- On the Recipients step, choose a list from the drop-down menu.
Entire list, or pick a
- To proceed, click Next.
- On the Setup step, input your Email subject, From name, and From email address. Enable tracking tools, connect social media, and configure advanced settings from the available options. When you're finished, click Next.
- On the
Template step, choose one of the following options to create and add your content.
- Click Layouts to choose a Featured or Basic template. Featured templates provide recommendations for the type of content to include in a campaign when you want to accomplish a specific goal, and Basic templates allow you to add content to blank layouts.
- Click Themes to select from our predesigned layouts.
- The Saved templates tab allows you to select from any templates you've previously saved or imported.
- The Campaigns tab displays 25 recently sent campaigns and draft campaigns with content.
- The Code your own tab displays three ways to import a campaign layout from outside of MailChimp: Paste in code, Import from zip, and Import from URL.
- In the Design step, you'll input and customize your campaign content.
- Click the
Preview and Test drop-down menu to
Enter preview mode,
Send a test email,
Push to MailChimp Mobile,
Open Link Checker, or customize
- Click the X in the top-right corner of the screen to return to the Design step.
- After you complete your design, click Next.
- On the
Confirm step, review the Campaign Checklist. Click
Resolve to fix any errors that may appear. Click the
Edit button to return to a step and make other changes.
To view and edit the automatically generated plain-text version of your campaign click Edit in the Plain-Text Email section of the checklist.
- After you
test your campaign, you can send the campaign immediately, or
schedule it to go out at another time.
If you're ready to send the campaign to your subscribers, click Send. In the Prepare for launch modal, click Send Now to confirm your send . Your campaign is on its way!
Tips for Designing Your Campaign
When you send a campaign through MailChimp, there are a few things you'll want to keep in mind when you create your content.
- Each recipient on your MailChimp list is hidden from all the other recipients. We deliver a completely separate copy of your email to each recipient, so you can personalize your content for everyone. This also allows us to track clicks and opens.
- Be sure to test your campaign before you send to your entire list. For the best possible result, we recommend sending tests to all the popular web-based email services, like Yahoo!, Hotmail, and Gmail. You can also use the Inbox Preview tool to preview how your email will appear in multiple clients.
- MailChimp automatically includes both an HTML version and a plain-text alternative version for each of your subscribers. This ensures your subscribers view your content as expected, regardless of the email client or program they use.