This feature requires Manager user level or higher.
The MailChimp Plugin for WooCommerce is an integration developed by WooThemes that adds your customers and their order information to your MailChimp list.
Encourage your WooCommerce customers to sign up for your MailChimp list during checkout, or with a signup widget on your site. Use WooCommerce purchase data to build and send targeted campaigns, and turn on e-commerce tracking to measure campaign ROI.
In this article, you’ll learn how to connect the MailChimp Plugin for WooCommerce.
- This third-party plugin runs on an older version of MailChimp's API, so it does not support certain new e-commerce features.
- Our free integration, MailChimp for WooCommerce, is coming soon. It will support our most powerful API v3 features like Product Recommendations and Customer Re-Engagement Workflows. Sign up for WooCommerce email updates to stay tuned.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
Here’s a brief overview of this multi-step process.
Purchase and download the plugin from WooThemes.
Install the plugin on your WordPress Admin site.
Connect the plugin with your MailChimp API Key, and configure your list settings.
Purchase and Download the Plugin
To purchase the plugin from WooThemes, follow these steps
Navigate to the WooThemes Newsletter Subscription page.
Click the Subscription options drop-down menu and choose how many WooCommerce sites you want to integrate with MailChimp.
Click Add to Cart.
Continue through the checkout process.
After you check out, the ZIP file for the plugin will be added to the Downloads section of your WooThemes account.
Download from WooThemes
To download the plugin, follow these steps.
Navigate to the Downloads section of your WooThemes account.
Click the Download icon for the plugin.
Save the file on your computer.
Configure and Connect to MailChimp
To configure your MailChimp settings for WooCommerce customers, follow these steps.
Navigate to your WordPress Admin Panel.
Click WooCommerce, and click Settings.
Click the Newsletter tab.
Under Newsletter Configuration, use the drop-down menus to configure your settings.
- Service provider: Choose MailChimp.
- Default checkbox status: Choose Un-checked to leave the MailChimp subscribe box unchecked, so customers can decide whether to join your list.
- Subscribe checkbox label: Input text that appears with your subscribe checkbox.
API Settings, input your list settings.
- API Key: Input your MailChimp API key.
- MailChimp List: Choose the list where you want to add customers.
- Enable Double Opt-in: Check the box to enable double-opt in.
New WooCommerce customers and their order information will be synced to your MailChimp list. To learn more about this integration, check out the WooThemes Newsletter Subscription Guide.
After you connect, you can do a lot with the the data you collect, like build segments, send Automation workflows, track purchases, and view results.
Find out everything MailChimp has to offer in our article, How to Use MailChimp for E-Commerce.
This is a third-party integration created by WooThemes. For help with this plugin, contact WooThemes Support.
For WordPress help, review these resources.