Check your integration status on the Integrations page. Until MailChimp actually receives data from PayPal, you will see that it's not connected and a red icon. There are a few reasons this may be the case.
- The PayPal account isn't a Premier or Business account.
One of these account types is required in order to utilize the PayPal integration.
- No transactions have occurred since the integration was set up.
The PayPal integration simply adds customers to your list once a purchase is made. So for your existing customers, you'll need to import them as you would any other list. The customers who buy from you in the future, however, will be added automatically via the integration.
- Transactions are being processed through a shopping cart system.
Each PayPal transaction can have only one notification URL, and most shopping cart systems send a transaction-specific URL to PayPal so you can track payments in the shopping cart program. Unfortunately, this will override the MailChimp IPN that is set up for the PayPal account. If you are using a shopping cart system, you may want to check out our Connect Directory to find an integration that can work with your shopping cart system instead. Below, you'll learn how to see if your shopping cart is setting a notification URL that is overriding the MailChimp one
- Log in to your PayPal account
- Hover over
History and click
- Click the message ID number for a specific transaction to see the details for that transaction.
- Look for the notification URL. If it's not a MailChimp URL, the information isn't being sent to MailChimp but rather to another system.
- There was a problem with the information being sent to MailChimp.
Occasionally, information isn't sent from PayPal to MailChimp as expected. However, you can resend the information by doing the following:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Go to My Account > History > IPN History.
- Choose the transaction(s) by checking the box to the left of each transaction, and click the option to
|Was this article helpful?||
|What can we do to improve your experience with articles like this?|
At this time, we are unable to reply to any responses,but we'll use this information to keep the site up-to-date.