This feature requires Manager user level or higher.
MailChimp for Shopify helps you keep in touch with your customers who have purchased a product from your Shopify store.
MailChimp for Shopify connects MailChimp with your Shopify account to automatically add customers to your MailChimp list, sync subscribers across both platforms, and create a campaign from product or collection information. And if you use our eCommerce360 plugin, you’ll be able to track sales and measure the ROI generated by your email campaigns.
In this article, you’ll learn how to install MailChimp for Shopify, view your Shopify customers in MailChimp, and send an email from Shopify.
Before You Start
- You can sync multiple stores, but each should be synched to its own list, so you get the most out of our e-commerce segmenting tools.
- Currently, product category data is not synced, so you won't see your Shopify product categories if you want to segment by product category.
- To avoid potential spam complaints, only sync your customers who opt-in to receive marketing emails from you to your MailChimp list. To check this setting, navigate to the Settings page in your Shopify account, and click Checkout. In the Order processing section, make sure Customer does not agree to receive promotional emails by default is chosen.
Install MailChimp for Shopify
- Navigate to shopify.mailchimpapp.com.
- Click Sign In With Your MailChimp Credentials.
- Input your MailChimp username and password and click Log In.
- Click Add Store
- Input your Shopify store URL, and click Add Store.
- On the Install MailChimp for Shopify
page, review the information and click Install MailChimp for Shopify.
- Select a list from the Select a list to sync drop-down menu, and click Start Syncing.
If you want to sync other Shopify stores to your account, click Add Store . Sync each Shopify store with its own list in your MailChimp account, so you get the most out of our e-commerce segmenting tools.
After you’re connected, MailChimp for Shopify will sync your existing orders and customers from Shopify with your MailChimp account.
Products are synced to your MailChimp account after at least one person purchases the item and indicates that they want to receive marketing emails.
The initial syncing process may take a few minutes. After it's completed, everything will stay up to date in real time.
View Customers in MailChimp List
The MailChimp for Shopify integration generates a static segment named Shopify Customers in the connected list, so you can see which subscribers were added to your list through MailChimp for Shopify.
- Navigate to the Lists page.
- Click the name of the list that is synced to your Shopify store.
- Click the
Segments drop-down menu, and choose the
Shopify Customers segment.
The static segment updates automatically as new subscribers are added to your MailChimp list through MailChimp for Shopify. You can’t change the name of the segment or manually add or remove subscribers from the segment.
With MailChimp for Shopify connected, you can view e-commerce data for your campaigns and individual subscribers. Create segments that target subscribers based on data like product purchased, total number of orders, or purchase date. Additionally, all subscribers added through MailChimp for Shopify have a signup source of MailChimp for Shopify, so you can do things like create multi-part segments.
Send an Email from Shopify
Select a product or collection in your Shopify account, and automatically create a MailChimp campaign that contains the product images and information. To send an email from your Shopify account, follow these steps.
- Log in to your Shopify account.
- Select the Product or Collections option from the navigation panel.
- Select the product or collection you want to include in your campaign.
- Click the three dots at the top of the page, and click Email using MailChimp.
- Select one of three template layouts to use for your campaign, and click Send to MailChimp.
- You'll be taken to the Design step of the Campaign Builder. Continue through the Campaign Builder.
By default, the list that is connected to your Shopify store is chosen on the Recipients step, and the subject line for the campaign contains the product or collection name. If you need to, navigate to the Recipients or Setup step in the Campaign Builder to change this information.
Disconnect MailChimp for Shopify
- Navigate to shopify.mailchimpapp.com.
- Click Delete next to any store you want to disconnect. You'll be redirected to the Apps page in your Shopify account.
- In the Installed Apps section, click the three dots for the MailChimp for Shopify application and then click Remove this app.
If you want to completely disconnect the integration, delete all of your connected stores. Then, follow these steps to remove the integration within your MailChimp account.
- Click your
profile name, and choose
- Click Extras in the navigation bar and choose API keys.
- In the Authorized applications section, click the X next to MailChimp for Shopify.