MailChimp for Shopify is an application that connects MailChimp with your Shopify account. Once connected, this integration automatically adds customers to your MailChimp list, keeps subscribers synced across both platforms, allows you to create a campaign from product or collection information, and takes advantage of our extremely powerful Ecommerce360 plugin to track sales and measure the ROI generated by your email campaigns.
In this article:
- Install MailChimp for Shopify
- View Customers in MailChimp List
- Send an Email from Shopify
- Disconnect MailChimp for Shopify
Install MailChimp for Shopify
- Navigate to shopify.mailchimpapp.com.
Sign In With Your MailChimp Credentials.
- Input your MailChimp username and password and click
- Input your Shopify store URL, and click
- On the
Install MailChimp for Shopify page, review the information and click
Install MailChimp for Shopify.
- Select a list from the
Select a list to sync drop-down menu, and click
If you want to sync other Shopify stores to your account, click Add Store. Sync each Shopify store with its own list in your MailChimp account in order to get the most use of our ecommerce segmenting tools.
Once connected, MailChimp for Shopify will sync your existing orders and customers from Shopify with your MailChimp account. The initial syncing process may take a few minutes, but once completed, this integration should keep everything up to date in real time.
View Customers in MailChimp List
The MailChimp for Shopify integration generates a static segment named Shopify Customers in the connected list, so you can see which subscribers were added to your list through MailChimp for Shopify.
- Navigate to the Lists page.
- Select the list that is synced to your Shopify store.
- Click the
Segments drop-down menu, and then select the segment named
The static segment updates automatically as new subscribers are added to your MailChimp list through MailChimp for Shopify. You can’t change the name of the segment or manually add or remove subscribers from the segment.
With MailChimp for Shopify connected, you can view ecommerce data for your campaigns and individual subscribers. Create segments that target subscribers based on data such as category or product purchased, total number of orders, or purchase date. Additionally, all subscribers added through MailChimp for Shopify have a signup source of MailChimp for Shopify, so you can do things like create multi-part segments.
Send an Email from Shopify
Select a product or collection in your Shopify account, and automatically create a MailChimp campaign that contains the product images and information. Below, you’ll learn how to send an email from your Shopify account.
- Log in to your Shopify account.
- Select the
Collections option from the navigation panel.
- Select the product or collection you want to include in your campaign.
- Click the three dots at the top of the page, and click
Email using MailChimp.
- Select one of three template layouts to use for your campaign, and click
Send to MailChimp.
You are taken to the Design step of the Campaign Builder in your MailChimp account. Continue to design your campaign and send it to your list.
By default, the list that is connected to your Shopify store is selected on the Recipients step, and the subject line for the campaign contains the product or collection name. You can edit this information before you send the campaign by navigating to the Recipients or Setup step in the Campaign Builder.
Disconnect MailChimp for Shopify
- Navigate to shopify.mailchimpapp.com.
- Click Delete next to any store you want to disconnect. You are redirected to the Apps page in your Shopify account.
- In the
Installed Apps section, click the three dots for the
MailChimp for Shopify application and then click
Remove this app.
If you want to completely disconnect the integration, delete all of your connected stores. Then, remove the integration within your MailChimp account following the steps below.
- Click your profile name to expand the Account Panel, and click
- Click the Extras option and choose API keys.
- In the Authorized applications section, click the X next to MailChimp for Shopify.
|Was this article helpful?||
|What can we do to improve your experience with articles like this?|
At this time, we are unable to reply to any responses, but we'll use this information to keep the site up-to-date.