This feature requires Manager user level or higher.
Each list can be associated with a different Twitter account, or you can set up a default Twitter account that can be used for all lists. Below, you'll learn how to connect a Twitter account and how to change or disconnect a Twitter account.
Connect to a Twitter Account
- Click your profile name to expand the Account Panel and choose
- Click the
- Click Twitter to open the Twitter integration settings.
- Click the
List to connect drop-down menu and select
Account Default. The Twitter account you set as the
Account Default is used for all lists that don't have an individual Twitter account tied to them.
- Click the Connect button. If you're not already logged in to Twitter, you're prompted to log in.
Authorize App to give MailChimp access to the Twitter account.
You'll be redirected to MailChimp and will see a success message.
From the List to connect drop-down menu, you can set a different Twitter account for individual lists in your MailChimp account. Once the integration is set up, use Twitter merge tags to pull information from your Twitter account into MailChimp campaigns. We also have a predesigned Twitter AutoConnect template that pulls in your Twitter profile automatically.
Change or Disconnect Twitter Account
If you need to change or disconnect the Twitter account set as the account default or for a specific list, follow the steps below.
- Click your profile name to expand the Account Panel, and choose Account.
- Click the Integrations option.
- Click the Twitter option to open the Twitter integration settings.
- Choose a list to configure the list-specific Twitter account, or
Account Default to work with the default Twitter account your MailChimp account uses.
- Click the Disconnect button to break the connection.
From here, just follow the integration steps above to set a new Twitter account for the list or set as the Account Default.
After integrating your Twitter account, you have the option to Auto-tweet your campaign when you send to your list. Follow the steps below to set your campaign up for Auto-tweeting.
- Create a new campaign.
- Navigate to the Setup step of the Campaign Builder.
Social Media, click the box next to
Auto-tweet campaign as.
The Auto-tweet text defaults to the email subject line and the *|URL|* merge tag, which populates with the campaign archive URL once your campaign is sent. You can choose to edit this text, but it's limited to 140 characters, including the merge tag.
- On the Design step, create your layout and use our Social Cards feature to customize how the campaign will look when shared on Twitter.
- Continue through the Campaign Builder to the Confirm step.
- On the
Confirm step, check the
Social section of the Pre-delivery Checklist to make sure the Auto-tweet text is exactly what you want it to say. If you need to make changes, click the
- When you're done checking your campaign, send it to your list.
Once the campaign is sent, we tweet an automatic message from your Twitter account containing the message you set on the Setup step and the campaign archive URL. If you have customized Social Cards to display a thumbnail image for your campaign, it will appear below the Auto-tweet text.
If you choose to edit the text for your auto-tweet, do not delete the *|URL|* merge tag. This merge tag populates with the archive link for your campaign.
- Your campaign didn't auto-tweet.
Make sure the Twitter integration is set up currently for your MailChimp account. Navigate back to the Integrations page in your account to check the Twitter integration settings. You can still share your campaign via Twitter even if the campaign didn't Auto-tweet successfully. Just grab the hosted archive link for your campaign, then share on Twitter.
- Your Twitter account isn't an option on the
Navigate to the Integrations page, expand the Twitter integration options, and make sure the Twitter account you want to Tweet the campaign from has been integrated with your MailChimp account or the specific list you're sending the campaign to. After you set that up, return to the Setup step of Campaign Builder and the Twitter account your want to use should now be available.