This feature requires Manager user level or higher.
Groups are a great way to sort your subscribers based on common interests or preferences. To send targeted content to groups, you'll create a segment based on group data in your list. You can do this directly from the Campaign Builder, or create a reusable segment in the Lists section of your account.
In this article, you'll learn how to send to groups in your list.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- You need to have a list with at least one group with people in it.
- Make sure you're familiar with groups and segments. Groups are stored as data fields in your list, just like other data you use to create segments.
- To target groups with an automation, edit the segment for the email in that automation. To learn how to edit a segment in an automation email, read Edit Automation Emails.
- This process segments groups with a single condition. To further target recipients, use additional segmentation conditions.
Send to Groups from the Campaign Builder
- Navigate to the Recipients step of the Campaign Builder.
Group or new segment.
- Click the first drop-down menu and choose a group category.
- Click the second drop-down menu and choose whether to send to subscribers who are in
one of, all of, or
none of the group names.
- Click the group name you want to send to.
Click and hold CMD or CTRL to select more than one group name.
Update Recipient Count to see how many subscribers are included.
- Click on the number of recipients to review them. To return to the
Recipients step, click the X icon in the upper-right corner.
- Continue through the Campaign Builder.
You're all set! Now only the subscribers who meet the conditions you set will receive your campaign.
Send to Groups with a Saved Segment
You can also create reusable, saved segments based on group data in the Lists section of your account.
To do this, create a segment with the conditions set to the group or groups you want to target. Save your segment to reuse it as many times as you need.