This feature requires Manager user level or higher.
Use groups in your list to send targeted campaigns to subscribers who have common interests. To do this, you'll create a segment based on group data, and send to that segment.
In this article, you'll learn how to create and send to a segment based on group data in your list.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
Create a Segment Based on Group Data
- Navigate to the Lists page.
- Click the name of the list you want to work with.
- Click the
Segments drop-down menu, and click
Create a new segment.
- Click the first drop-down menu and choose a group from the available group titles under the
- Click the second drop-down menu and choose whether to send to subscribers who are in
all of, or
none of the group names.
- Click the name of the group you want to send to.
If you want to send to more than one group, click and hold CMD or CTRL to select more than one group name.
- Click Preview Segment to see the subscribers who match your criteria.
Save as segment to confirm your subscriber segment, or click
Edit to make changes.
- Type a name for your segment, and click
The Auto-update box is selected by default to create a dynamic segment that will add subscribers to the segment as they meet the conditions. To create a static segment, uncheck the Auto-update box before you save your segment. After you've saved your segment, you're ready to send to your subscribers.
Send to Your Segment
To send to your saved segment, follow these steps.