If you’ve received an alert from our Compliance Team that certain addresses in your list have triggered high bounce rates, abuse complaints, or unsubscribes that exceed industry thresholds, you’ll see an alert in your account. Export and remove those addresses to allow sending to your list.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- MailChimp tracks hard bounces, abuse complaints, and unsubscribe rates for every campaign each user sends. If you've received an alert from our Compliance Team to remove some addresses from your list, it's because our system detected one of these rates that was above an industry threshold for bulk email sending.
- We’ve disabled sending to this list to prevent any additional negative campaign activity that could impact MailChimp’s ability to deliver emails.
- Only the non-compliant list is affected. You can still send campaigns to compliant lists in your account, create new lists and signup forms, and view and manage new subscribers.
- After you complete this process, we’ll re-enable sending to your list.
Export and Remove Addresses
To export and remove those addresses from your list, follow these steps.
- From the compliance alert, click
Export And Remove Addresses.
- In the
Are you sure? pop-up modal, click