This feature requires Manager user level or higher.
Subscribe and unsubscribe notifications tell you when someone joins or leaves your list. Any list with a double opt-in signup form can send email notifications of subscribes and unsubscribes to an email address you choose. You can change how often you receive notifications, or turn them off for each list.
In this article, you'll learn how to stop or start your subscribe and unsubscribe notifications.
Enable or Disable Notifications
To turn notifications on or off, follow the steps below.
- Navigate to the Lists page.
- Click the drop-down menu next to the list you want to work with, and choose Settings.
- Click List name and defaults.
- Scroll to New subscriber notifications.
Depending on the action you need to take, follow one or more of these steps.
- To sign up for alerts when someone subscribes, input your email address in the Email subscribe notifications to: field.
- To turn off subscribe alerts, remove your email address from that field.
- To sign up for alerts when someone unsubscribes, input your email address in the Email unsubscribe notification to: field.
- To turn off unsubscribe alerts, remove your email address from the field.
- To receive a daily digest of subscribes and unsubscribes instead of individual notification messages, input your email address in the Email daily digest to: field.
- To stop a daily digest, remove your email address from the field.
After you've made your choices, click Save List and Campaign Defaults.
Troubleshooting Subscribe and Unsubscribe Notifications
If you don't receive notifications as expected, verify that your email address is entered in the New subscriber notifications fields correctly. If that isn't the problem, review this list of possible issues.
- Lists must be set to double opt-in to trigger a subscription notification. Imports, manual adds, and all of our current integrations and imports from other systems ( Paypal, Wufoo, E-junkie, etc.), will not send a subscription notification.
- If you've added more than one email address to receive notifications, be sure they are separated with commas and don't exceed the field limit of 100 characters total.
- Your notification emails may be getting stuck in a spam filter. To test this, enter an email address with a different domain and sign up to your list to trigger the notification. If you receive the notification at the new email address, then you'll know the notification process is working but you have a spam filter issue on your end.
To fix this, add the email address from the reply-to field of the successful notification to your email client's address book. Update your notifications back to your regular address and sign up on your list again once more.