This feature is only available on paid accounts and requires Manager user level or higher.
If you're a paid account user who's already using the advanced mode to create your forms in MailChimp, you can modify your code to hide list fields. This is an advanced feature and is recommended for users familiar with custom coding. Contact your developer, or hire a MailChimp Expert if you need assistance.
To add a hidden field to your advanced form code, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Lists page.
- Click the drop-down menu next to the list you want to work with and choose Signup forms.
- Select General Forms.
- If you have already set up an advanced form, the screen should display your code view. If that's not the case, scroll to the bottom and click advanced mode and click Switch in the pop-up confirmation modal.
- Add an entry for your new field, as you normally would.
- For the input type element, change the value to " hidden."
<input type="hidden" name="FNAME" value="*|FNAME|*">