This feature requires Manager user level or higher.
Create and send a photo-based campaign from your Android device with MailChimp Snap. Send a quick message to your subscribers to announce a new product in your store, let them know of upcoming events, or anything else you can think of.
In this article, you'll learn how to install Snap and create a campaign.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- Download and install MailChimp Snap for Android.
- You must be the account Owner, Admin, or Manager to connect Snap to your MailChimp account.
- The first time you select a photo option to pick an image for your campaign, you’ll need to accept the permissions in order to proceed.
- The From name and From email address for your campaign is pulled from your list defaults, and the *|LIST:ADDRESS|* merge tag in the footer of the campaign populates the address from your list's required footer content.
- Open tracking, click tracking, Google Analytics, e-commerce, and ClickTale tracking are automatically enabled if they are integrated with your account. These options can't be turned off. Tracking IDs include the title of your Snap campaign and are trimmed to 50 characters.
- Only one image and one link can be provided per campaign. This link is applied to the campaign image, so the recipient is taken to the URL when they click the image.
- If you close MailChimp Snap before you send your campaign, you can resume designing your campaign the next time you launch Snap.
- The camera badge in the footer of the campaign is similar to our MonkeyRewards badge and is required for users on the Forever Free Plan. Paid account users can't add the camera badge to their campaigns.
Connect Snap to MailChimp
To connect Snap to your MailChimp account, follow these steps.
- Launch MailChimp Snap for Android.
Log In at the top of the screen.
- Type your MailChimp username and password and tap
Log In to connect Snap to your MailChimp account.
If you need to log out of Snap, tap the Start tab at the top of the home screen, and tap Log Out. If you have more than one MailChimp account connected to your username, you'll see Switch Account instead of Log Out.
Create a Campaign
To create a Snap campaign, follow these steps.
- Launch MailChimp Snap on your phone.
- On the start screen, choose how you want to add an image to your campaign.
- Depending on the option you choose, take or select the photo you want to use.
- On the
Crop step, tap and drag to adjust the grid and crop your photo. When you're done, tap the arrow icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- On the Campaign step, tap the slider next to
Use logo in campaign if you want to include your company's logo in your campaign. Tap the logo image to choose a different image.
- Input the Subject and Message for your campaign. The Subject is the subject line for your campaign and the Message is the content that will appear in the email to
Link option to choose what you'd like to add a link to in your campaign. You can choose to link your
Image and button,
Image only, or
Done to return to the
- Input your link and button text, if applicable, and tap the arrow icon to move on.
- On the
Templates step, swipe to see the five available template options.
When you're viewing the layout you want, tap the arrow icon to continue.
- On the Recipients step, choose the list you want to send to.
- Choose from the available sending options. If you have
segments set up in your list, you'll have the option to send to a segment.
- On the
Preview step, review your campaign. Our
test email sending limits apply when sending test emails for your Snap campaign.
Tap the name of your list at the bottom of the screen to review your recipients. If MailChimp for Android is installed on your phone, you can tap an email address to view the subscriber profile. Tap the arrow in the upper-left corner of the screen next to the subscriber's name to return to Snap.
- Tap the green Send icon when you're ready to send your campaign.
- In the confirmation pop-up modal, tap
After your campaign is sent, we'll display a confirmation screen with options for social sharing.
- Tweet campaign
- Post to Facebook
- Post to Pinterest
- Post to Instagram
- Share campaign URL