This feature requires Manager user level or higher.
Create and send a photo-based campaign from your iPhone with MailChimp Snap. Send a quick message to your subscribers to announce a new product in your store, let them know of upcoming events, or anything else you can think of.
In this article, you'll learn how to install Snap and create a campaign.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- Download and install MailChimp Snap for iPhone.
- You must be the account Owner, Admin, or Manager to connect Snap to your MailChimp account.
- The first time you select a photo option to pick an image for your campaign, you'll need to accept the permissions in order to proceed.
- The From name and From email address for your campaign is pulled from your list defaults, and the *|LIST:ADDRESS|* merge tag in the footer of the campaign populates the address from your list's required footer content.
- Open tracking, click tracking, Google Analytics, e-commerce, Goal, and ClickTale tracking are automatically enabled if they are integrated with your account. These options can't be turned off from inside Snap.
- Only one image and one link can be provided per campaign. This link is applied to the campaign image, so the recipient is taken to the URL when they click the image.
- If you close MailChimp Snap before you send your campaign, you can resume designing your campaign the next time you launch Snap.
- The camera badge in the footer of the campaign is similar to our MonkeyRewards badge and is required for users on the Forever Free Plan. Paid account users can't add the camera badge to their campaigns.
- After you send your campaign, you'll see it on the Campaigns and the Reports page in your MailChimp account.
Connect Snap to MailChimp
To connect Snap to your MailChimp account, follow these steps.
- Launch MailChimp Snap for iPhone.
Log In at the top of the screen.
- Input your MailChimp username and password and tap
Log In to connect Snap to your MailChimp account.
If you need to log out of Snap, tap the Start tab at the top of the home screen, and tap Log Out.
Create a Campaign
To create a Snap campaign, follow these steps.
- Log in to MailChimp Snap on your iPhone.
- On the
Start screen, choose how you want to add an image to your campaign.
- Depending on the option you choose, take or select the photo you want to use.
- Crop your photo to get the image you want to share. Tap and hold to drag the image around the frame, or pinch to zoom.
- When you're done, tap Choose.
- On the
Campaign step, tap the slider next to
Use logo in campaign if you want to include your company's logo in your campaign. Tap the logo image to choose a different image from your File Manager or Photos.
- Input the Title and Message for your campaign. The Title is the subject line for your campaign and the Message is the content that will appear in the email to your subscribers, along with your image.
Link, tap the
Options menu to choose what items you'd like to link in your campaign. You can choose to link your image only, or your image and a button with a call-to-action message for your subscribers. If you don't want to include a link in your campaign, choose
- Input your link URL and button text, if applicable, and tap Next.
- On the
Templates step, swipe to see the five available template options.
- When you are viewing the layout you want, tap Next to continue.
- On the List step, choose the list you want to send to.
- Choose from the available sending options. If you have
segments set up in your list, you'll have the option to send to a segment.
- On the
Preview step, review your campaign. Tap the
Send a test email text box to enter an email address and test your campaign. Our
test email sending limits apply when sending test emails for your Snap campaign.
Tap the name of your list at the bottom of the screen to review your recipients. If MailChimp Mobile is installed on your iPhone, you can tap an email address to view the subscriber profile in MailChimp Mobile. Tap the arrow in the upper-left corner of the screen next to the subscriber's name to return to Snap.
- When you're ready to send your campaign, tap Send.
- In the confirmation pop-up modal, tap
After your campaign is sent, we'll display a confirmation screen with options for social sharing.
- Tweet campaign
- Post to Facebook
- Post to Pinterest
- Post to Instagram
- Share campaign URL
Sending to specific subscribers in your list creates a static segment with a time stamp. The format for the timestamp is yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss.