This feature requires Manager user level or higher.
Create and send a photo-based email campaign from your iPhone with MailChimp Snap. Send a quick message to your subscribers to announce a new product in your store, let them know of upcoming events, or anything else you can think of.
In this article, you'll learn how to install Snap and create an email campaign.
Download and install MailChimp Snap for iPhone.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- You must be the account Owner, Admin, or Manager to connect Snap to your MailChimp account.
- The first time you select a photo option to pick an image for your email campaign, you'll need to accept the permissions in order to proceed.
- The From name and From email address for your campaign is pulled from your list defaults.
- Open tracking, click tracking, Google Analytics, e-commerce, and ClickTale tracking are automatically enabled if they are integrated with your account. These options can't be turned off from inside Snap.
- Only one image and one link can be provided per email campaign. This link is applied to the campaign image, so the recipient is taken to the URL when they click the image.
- If you close MailChimp Snap before you send your email campaign, you can resume designing your campaign the next time you launch Snap.
- The camera badge in the footer of the email campaign is similar to our MonkeyRewards badge and is required for users on the Forever Free Plan. Paid account users can't add the camera badge to their campaigns.
- After you send your email campaign, you'll see it on the Campaigns and the Reports page in your MailChimp account.
Connect Snap to MailChimp
To connect Snap to your MailChimp account, follow these steps.
- Launch MailChimp Snap for iPhone.
- Input your MailChimp username and password and tap
Log In to connect Snap to your MailChimp account.
If you have more than one MailChimp account associated with your username, use the checkboxes to choose which accounts you'd like to connect to Snap.
If you need to log out of a single account, tap your username at the top of the home screen, and tap Log Out. If you have multiple accounts, tap your username at the top of the home screen, tap Edit, and tap the Minus icon for the account you'd like to remove from Snap.
Create a Campaign
To create a Snap campaign, follow these steps.
- Log in to MailChimp Snap on your iPhone.
- On the home screen, choose how you want to add an image to your campaign.
- Depending on the option you choose, take or select the photo you want to use.
- Crop your photo to get the image you want to share. Tap and hold to drag the image around the frame, or pinch to zoom.
- When you're done, tap Choose.
- On the
Campaign step, tap the
Use logo in campaign slider to include your company's logo in your email campaign. Tap
Choose a logo to choose a different image from your Content Manager or Photos. If you've chosen a logo previously, tap the image to change it.
- Input the SUBJECT, TITLE, and MESSAGE for your campaign. The subject is the subject line for your email, and the title is the heading that accompanies your campaign message.
Link, tap the
Options menu to choose what items you'd like to link in your campaign. You can choose to link your image only, or your image and a button with a call-to-action message for your subscribers. If you don't want to include a link in your campaign, choose
- Input your link URL and button text, if applicable, and tap Next.
- On the
Templates step, swipe to see the five available template options.
- When you are viewing the layout you want, tap Next to continue.
- On the Recipients step, choose the list you want to send to.
- Choose from the available sending options. If you have
segments set up in your list, you'll have the option to send to a segment.
- On the
Preview step, review your campaign. Tap the
Send a test email text box to enter an email address and test your campaign. Our
test email sending limits apply when sending test emails for your Snap campaign.
Tap the name of your list at the bottom of the screen to review your recipients. If MailChimp for iOS is installed on your device, you can tap an email address to view the subscriber profile.
- When you're ready to send your email marketing campaign, tap Send.
- In the confirmation pop-up modal, tap
After your campaign is sent, we'll display a confirmation screen with options for social sharing.
- Tweet campaign
- Post to Facebook
- Post to Pinterest
- Post to Instagram
- Share email campaign URL
Sending to specific subscribers in your list creates a static segment with a time stamp. The format for the timestamp is yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss.