This feature requires Manager user level or higher.
MailChimp Subscribe is a mobile application that lets you create simple signup forms on your tablet, so people can join your list from anywhere, like your store or an event.
In this article, you'll learn about MailChimp Subscribe's settings options, and how to view and export data.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- MailChimp Subscribe is an update to the Chimpadeedoo iPad and Android apps. If you use Chimpadeedoo, we strongly recommend that you upgrade to Subscribe.
- Subscribe is supported on tablets with screens seven inches or larger, and may not be supported on older Android tablets. It's also available for iPads.
- Before you use any settings options, set up MailChimp Subscribe.
- Screen Lock settings are only available for Android 5.0 and up.
- Subscribe lets you create signup forms for each list in your MailChimp account, and works even when you don't have an internet connection. The next time you connect to a WiFi network, we'll automatically sync the addresses you collected while you were offline.
MailChimp Subscribe keeps track of all addresses successfully added to your list, and addresses that failed to sync with your MailChimp account. If any of your addresses failed to sync, the Subscriber icon will display with a red dot.
To view subscribers from the Forms List, tap
SUBS. We'll display your
FAILED addresses by default. Tap the Edit icon to edit the failed address, or tap the Trashcan icon to delete it. Tap the Refresh icon to attempt to re-add the address.
Tap the COLLECTED tab to view the contacts that synced successfully with your MailChimp list.
To retry all failed addresses or clear all addresses, tap the three dots icon in the upper-right corner.
Sync Subscribers Collected While Offline
Addresses you've collected while offline are stored as failed addresses until you connect to a WiFi network. We'll automatically sync your addresses with your MailChimp list when a connection becomes available.
We'll attempt to sync your addresses about once every hour when you have an active connection. You can also manually sync your failed addresses once you connect to a WiFi network.
Manually Sync Subscribers Collected Offline
To manually sync your addresses, follow these steps.
- Connect to a WiFi network and launch Subscribe.
SUBS on the Forms List.
- On the
Subscribers screen, tap the three dots icon in the upper-right corner, and tap
Retry all failed.
All successful addresses will be synced with your MailChimp account. Invalid addresses will continue to display on the FAILED tab in Subscribe. You may want to edit or delete them.
To export the subscribers you've collected with Subscribe, follow these steps.
- From the Forms List, tap
- Tap the Export icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Tap a radio buttons to export All, Failed, or Collected subscribers.
- Choose where you want to export your CSV file. You can choose to attach it to an email with the Mail app on your device, or save it to Google Drive.
Rename, Replicate, or Delete a Form
To rename, replicate, or delete a form from the Forms List, follow these steps.
- Tap the three dots icon in the upper-right corner of the form you want to work with.
Replicate Form, or
In the pop-up modal, type a new name for your form, and tap CONTINUE.
In the pop-up modal, type the name for your replicated form, and tap CONTINUE.
In the pop-up modal, tap OK to delete your form.
MailChimp Subscribe offers a number of optional tools to give you more control over your account and help you as you work with your forms. There are two settings menus in Subscribe.
To access your Account Settings, tap the three lines icon in the upper-left corner of the Forms List screen to open the Account Panel, and tap Settings. Here are the available settings options and how to use them.
If you use or have access to another MailChimp account, you can have two accounts connected to Subscribe at a time. Tap Connect another account to add one. Your second account will appear on the Account Panel, and the account you're using will be highlighted.
To log out of an account, tap Sign out of your accounts in the upper-right corner. Use the checkboxes to choose which accounts you'd like to sign out of, and tap LOGOUT.
Screen Lock settings are only available on Android 5.0 and up.
To make sure no one can access your tablet or make unwanted changes to your form, toggle the Screen Pinning slider to blue. When Screen Pinning is enabled, you'll be prompted to lock your screen when you display your form in Live mode.
To unpin your screen when it’s in Live mode, tap and hold the Back and Multitask button simultaneously on your device.
To access your form settings, open a form in Edit mode, and tap the Settings icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
MailChimp Subscribe defaults to the double opt-in subscription process but you can change your opt-in settings to single opt-in. We strongly recommend that you use the double opt-in method, however, because it typically leads to healthier lists and fewer compliance-related issues.
To restore your form to Subscribe’s default styles, but save text changes or field settings, tap Reset form design.
You can also edit your Form field settings from this menu, like which fields are required and visible in your Subscribe signup form.
Export Migrated Chimpadeedoo Addresses
If you migrated to MailChimp Subscribe from Chimpadeedoo, you can export your subscriber data under Account Settings. This can be helpful if you want to edit failed addresses for errors and import the corrected addresses into MailChimp.
To export addresses collected in Chimpadeedoo, follow these steps.
- Tap the three lines icon in the upper-left corner of the Forms List screen to open the Account Panel, and tap Settings.
Export subscribers from Chimpadeedoo.
- Use the radio buttons to choose which list to export failed addresses from.
- Tap Export.
Subscribe sends exported CSV files through the Mail app on your device. You'll be prompted to compose a new message with the CSV export as an attachment.