This feature requires Author user level or higher and is part of paid features.
Use MailChimp Pro's Comparative Reports feature to assess the performance of multiple campaigns over time. Schedule and share reports, and add subscriber segments to get a better idea of how different sets of subscribers interact with your campaigns.
This feature is included with MailChimp Pro, which is available to add on to any pricing plan. In this article, you'll learn how to create a Comparative Report.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- Be sure you're familiar with Comparative Reports.
- To complete this process, you will select a list from your account, choose which sent campaigns you want to compare, and finalize your report.
- Comparative Reports can include data from sent Regular and RSS campaigns.
- After you've created Comparative Reports, learn how to schedule and manage them in your account, or download and share them as CSV files.
Create a Comparative Report
To create a Comparative Report, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Reports page.
Create Comparative Report.
- Click Rename Report in the upper-right corner.
- In the pop-up modal, type your report name, and click
Save Report Name.
- Click the List drop-down menu and choose the list you want to use for your report. After you select a list, its sent campaigns appear on the right side of the screen.
- Use the filters to choose which campaigns to compare.
As you select filters, we'll display the sent campaigns that match your criteria. To clear your filters, click Clear Filters. Your report will update to include future campaigns sent to your list if they match the filters you set for the report.
- Review the campaigns selected based on the filters you used. Campaigns are selected by default, and display a blue checkmark in the upper-right corner. To deselect or reselect an individual campaign, click the name of the campaign.
You also have the option to click Select All or Deselect All at the top of the campaign results.
Compare Campaigns to run your Comparative Report.
We'll generate your report in the background and notify you in your Profile menu when we're done, so you can work elsewhere in your account. You have the option to add segments to your report while your results generate.
Your report will be saved on the Comparative tab on the Reports page in your account. We'll display a status icon to let you know your results are generating. When your results are ready, you can generate your first Snapshot.
Generate a Report Snapshot
A Snapshot is the final report that's generated each time you run your Comparative Report. It shows you how your campaigns have performed up to that point in time.
To generate the first Snapshot for your report, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the
Reports page and click the
- Click the drop-down menu for the report you want to work with, and choose
It may take a moment for your Snapshot to generate on the Report History page, where we'll store all the Snapshots for your report.
- When your Snapshot is finished, click View Snapshot.
You can visit the Report History page at any time to view the Snapshots for your report.