This feature requires Manager user level or higher.
Below, you'll learn where to access your template's HTML code within the Templates section of your account, and how to add images to your custom template from the File Manager.
Access the Template HTML Code
- Navigate to the Templates page.
- Locate the template you'd like to edit by browsing the template list or using the search option.
- Click the
Edit button for the
Code your own template you want to work with.
From this screen, you can edit the template using MailChimp's visual designer tools or click the Edit Code button to work directly in the template's HTML.
- Click the Save button in the bottom-left corner of the Edit Code window when you're done editing the code, then click the Save and Exit button in the bottom-right corner of the Template Builder screen.
Changes made to a template will reflect in any draft or scheduled campaigns using that template. Before making edits to a template, make sure there are no draft or scheduled campaigns that could be negatively affected by your changes.
The Edit Code button is not accessible in the Campaign Builder and is only accessible when working with Code your own templates in the Template Builder. If you want to edit the code for a template you made using one of MailChimp's templates, you'll need to first export the template and then import it back into your account as a Code your own template. However, you won't be able to add, edit, or remove any of the drag and drop blocks in the imported version.
Use the File Manager with Your Custom Template
The File Manager keeps your files handy when you're coding your own templates. You can use the copy URL feature to save a file's source URL to your clipboard and quickly insert it into your code.
- Click File Manager at the bottom of the Edit Code pane of the Template Builder.
- Locate the file you want to link in your code, and click the
Copy URL button.
An alert appears, confirming the source URL has been copied to your clipboard.
- Click the X icon to close the File Manager.
- Place your cursor in the Edit Code pane where you want to paste the source URL and paste the URL.