A permission reminder makes it clear in your campaign where your recipients signed up for the list. In some cases, it can also help prevent you from mistakenly getting reported or blacklisted as a spammer. It's good to include this reminder as a refresher for your subscribers, especially if you don't send emails to your list on a regular basis. MailChimp automatically inserts your permission reminder into all our built-in templates for you with the *|LIST:DESCRIPTION|* merge tag.
In this article we walk you through how to edit the permission reminder in your account.
Edit your Permission Reminder from a Campaign
- Navigate to the Design step of the Campaign Builder.
- Click the the pencil icon to open the edit window for the footer.
- Click the Edit Contact Info button above the content editor.
- Make changes to information pulled in by the merge tags in the footer here, including your address and permission reminder.
- Click Save to return to your campaign.
Edit your Permission Reminder in a List
- Navigate to the Lists page
- Click the drop-down menu for the list, and choose Settings.
- On the Settings page, click Required email footer content.
- Make the changes you'd like to your permission reminder and click
Edit the About Your List Page
Some MailChimp templates link to the About Your List page, which is a web version of your permission reminder. To edit it, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Lists page.
- Click the drop-down menu next to the list you want to work with, and choose Signup Forms.
- Click General Forms.
- Click the Forms and response emails drop-down menu, and choose About Your List.
- Make any desired changes to the About Your List page in the Form Builder.