Landing Pages in MailChimp can help you grow your list and promote products and services. Create beautiful, standalone web pages right in your account with the same MailChimp tools you're used to. Finished landing pages are easy to share on the web or in other MailChimp campaigns, so you can start driving traffic to your page as soon as you publish.
In this article, you'll learn how to create and publish a landing page in MailChimp.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- Take a moment to learn about Landing Pages in MailChimp.
- Landing pages must be associated with a list in your account or your connected store. We'll prompt you to make this choice when you go to build your page.
- You can unpublish, edit, and republish a landing page at any time, but the URL and associated list or store can't be edited after a page has been published.
- The Landing Page Builder does not prevent you from publishing if you've left default content in your layout. We strongly recommend you preview your landing page and review your settings before you publish.
Create a Landing Page
First, you'll choose the type of landing page you want to create, then you'll design your content and configure the page settings.
To create your page, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Campaigns page.
Create a Landing Page.
- Use the tabs to choose a template for your landing page.
- Type a name for your landing page. This name is for your reference, and isn't visible to landing page visitors.
- Depending on the type of page you chose, use the drop-down menu to Select a list or Select a store.
- Drag content blocks into your layout and customize the content for your landing page. If you need some inspiration, check out our design tips.
- Click Preview in the upper-right corner to see what your page will look like.
- After you've designed your content, click
Save and Continue
You can return and make edits to the design at any time.
- Click Add Page Title & URL.
- Type the page title your contacts will see in their browser tab and in the URL for your page, and click
Click Edit to further customize the URL for your page.
- When you're ready, click
Publish in the upper-right corner.
After you publish, your page will be live on the web but unindexed so no one will see it until you share the link.
All set! Your landing page is live on the web and ready for you to share with your contacts. You can unpublish and make changes to the design at any time.
We'll start compiling reporting data as people visit your page and sign up for your list or make purchases. Learn more about landing page reports.
After You Publish
After you publish, it's time to drive traffic to your landing page so you can start seeing results. Here are a few things you can do.
- Promote your page
Promote and share your page with your contacts through other campaigns you create in MailChimp. Create an automation for your landing page subscribers or customers, run an ad and link your page in your call to action, or include it in a regular email campaign.
Create an Automation
Create a Facebook or Instagram Ad
Create an Email Campaign
- Share your link on social media
Copy and share the custom URL for your landing page on any social media platform.
Customize Landing Page URLs
- View reports
We’ll start compiling reporting data as people visit your page and sign up for your list or make purchases.
Landing Page Reports
- Target landing page signups
If you used a Signup page template, you can segment your list to target contacts who sign up through your landing page. Send them an automated welcome series or email campaign with a special offer!
Segment by Signup Source
Create an Automated Welcome Email
Manage Landing Pages
After you've unpublished a landing page, you can make changes to its design and republish. Because we use page settings to compile your report metrics, you can't change the page title, URL, or the list or store associated with the page.
Unpublish a Landing Page
To unpublish a landing page, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Campaigns page in your account.
- Click the drop-down menu for the page you want to work with, and click
- In the pop-up modal, type UNPUBLISH, and click
You can leave your landing page unpublished, edit and republish, or delete it.
Edit and Republish a Landing Page
After you've unpublished a landing page, you can make changes to its design, but you can't change the page title, URL, or the list or store associated with the page.
To edit a landing page, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Campaigns page in your account.
- Click the unpublished landing page you want to work with.
Design Landing Page.
- Make any desired changes and click
Save & Continue.
- When you're ready, click Publish.
Way to go! Your updated page is now live on the web.
Delete a Landing Page
Just like any campaign in MailChimp, when you delete a landing page from your account, you'll also lose all its reporting data. We strongly recommend you unpublish landing pages you want to take offline, but keep the campaign in your MailChimp account so you can access its data.
Both unpublished and deleted landing pages will display a 404 page not found message when someone attempts to visit the URL. If you still need to delete a landing page, check out Delete Campaigns from Your Account.