The MailChimp for Big Cartel integration syncs your Big Cartel customers and their order information to your MailChimp list. Use purchase data to create targeted e-commerce automations, generate custom product recommendations, and more.
In this article, you'll learn how to connect or disconnect MailChimp for Big Cartel.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- MailChimp for Big Cartel allows you to connect a single Big Cartel store to your MailChimp account.
- If you use the free Big Cartel Gold plan, available MailChimp features will be limited.
- To view the e-commerce features supported by this integration, visit the Connected Sites page.
Connect MailChimp for Big Cartel
To fully install the integration, you'll need to connect your store to MailChimp, select the list you want to sync with Big Cartel, and choose your sync settings. If you have a paid Big Cartel account, you can also install a script to access some additional MailChimp e-commerce tools.
Connect to MailChimp
To connect your store to MailChimp, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Big Cartel Integration page.
- Input your MailChimp login credentials, and click
Great job! Now that you’ve connected your Big Cartel account to MailChimp, the installation module will ask you to choose a list to sync.
Choose a List
To choose a list to sync, follow these steps.
- In the same module, click the
List drop-down menu, and choose which list to sync customers to.
After you connect your list, you’ll be prompted to map your Big Cartel data to your MailChimp merge tags, to make sure your information is synced correctly.
Choose Sync Settings
To choose your sync settings, follow these steps.
- Use the drop-down menus to map your Big Cartel data points to your MailChimp merge tags.
The left column shows the MailChimp merge tags associated with the list you selected earlier.
All set! Your MailChimp for Big Cartel integration is now functional, and will sync your data according to the fields you mapped. After you connect, you can keep tabs on your connection status and available tools on the Connected Sites page in your MailChimp account.
If you have a paid Big Cartel account, read on to learn how to install an additional script that gives you access to more e-commerce features, like custom pop-up forms, and product retargeting emails.
After data is synced, paid Big Cartel users will be prompted to add a script to their store that they can use to unlock additional e-commerce features. Follow the instructions to add the script. After you’re done, click
Validate Script Installation to verify installation.
Here’s a breakdown of all of the e-commerce features that paid and free Big Cartel users have access to.
Disconnect MailChimp for Big Cartel
To disconnect MailChimp for Big Cartel, follow these steps.
- Log into your Big Cartel account.
- Click Account in the navigation bar.
- Scroll to the Apps section.
- Next to MailChimp, click the
- In the pop-up modal, click