If you've connected MailChimp for Shopify, you can view purchase data for your campaigns and individual subscribers. Use this purchase data to measure your ROI, track individual product sales and total revenue, share product recommendations, and create segments to target your customers with personalized offers.
In this article, you'll learn how to view purchase data in subscriber profiles, campaign reports, and segments.
Before You Start
- To view purchase data from Shopify, you'll need to connect your Shopify store to a MailChimp list. Learn how to set up MailChimp for Shopify.
Shopify data on the subscriber profile and campaign report may not match. MailChimp for Shopify adds existing orders and customers to your MailChimp list and subscriber profiles, but only tracks new activity for campaigns. As a result, some purchase data may be available in the subscriber profile that doesn't show up in the campaign report.
- To see a subscriber's product recommendations, you must have at least 10 items, 50 customers, and 500 orders. If you do not have enough e-commerce data, you'll see top sellers instead. Learn more about Product Recommendations.
View in Subscriber Profiles
After you connect MailChimp for Shopify, all Shopify customers who agreed to receive marketing messages from you will be added to your list. We'll display each Shopify customer's order history and product recommendations on their subscriber profile page. If the purchase was tied to a MailChimp campaign, we'll also show the name of the campaign.
To view Shopify purchase information in a subscriber profile, follow these steps.
- In the navigation bar, click the
- Click the Everything drop-down menu and choose Subscribers.
- Type in a search term, like the subscriber's email address or name, and press enter or click the Search icon.
- Click View Profile to view the subscriber's full profile.
- Click the
If your list is already connected to another e-commerce integration, you'll see two sets of purchase information. Shopify purchase data will appear first, and other e-commerce integration data will appear below it. This other e-commerce data is available for you to view, but can't be used to create segments.
View in Campaign Reports
If you enabled e-commerce link tracking in your campaign, your report will tell you how much money your campaign generated, the total number of orders received, the average order amount, and a breakdown of each subscriber's purchases.
If you added Product Recommendations, your report will also tell you how many times a product was recommended, how many times a recommendation led to a purchase, and how much revenue your recommendations generated. You can access this information for each campaign from the Reports page of your account.
To view Shopify purchase information in a campaign report, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Reports page.
View Report next to the campaign you want to work with. The report
Overview will display the total orders, average order total, and total revenue generated by the campaign.
- In the navigation bar, click the
E-commerce drop-down menu and choose either
Product activity or
Product activity shows a list of products sold through the campaign and the amount of revenue generated by each product. If you added recommendations to your campaign, this page will also show you how much money your recommendations generated.
Order history displays list of each subscriber's purchases. Click the View store drop-down menu to filter purchases by connected store.
Segment Purchase Data
In addition to simply reviewing Shopify data, you can use our segmentation tool to target subscribers based on buyer behavior.
For example, you might send a coupon to encourage repeat buyers who haven't purchased any products in the past 60 days. You could also combine purchase history with contact ratings to target your most loyal customers who have purchased recently.
We also offer a selection of pre-built e-commerce segments in the
Recipients step of the Campaign Builder, under
Learn more about how to segment by purchase activity.
- Shopify product category data is not synced to MailChimp, so you won't be able to segment by product category.
- Two e-commerce segmentation options are not available for lists integrated with Shopify: Product (Total # Ordered) and Product (Average # Per Order).