If you're having trouble with the Facebook integration, or completing a task that requires the integration, there are a few things that could be happening.
In this article, you'll find some tips to help you troubleshoot common problems you may have when you set up the integration, or perform a task that uses it.
General Troubleshooting Tips
Many of the problems we've seen with the Facebook integration are the result of the integration failing to connect properly. Here are some general tips for troubleshooting the Facebook integration.
- Disconnect and then reconnect the integration. This should solve any problems caused by an error in the setup process.
- Set up the integration from a different computer.
- Use a different network connection.
- If there is another admin for the Page that you're trying to connect with, try setting up the integration from their MailChimp account.
Troubleshooting the Facebook Signup Form
Here are a few common problems people run into with the Facebook signup form, and some tips to help you troubleshoot.
- The Facebook Page I want to place the form on isn't an option.
Forms can only be placed on Facebook Pages managed through the personal Facebook Page you integrated with your MailChimp account. Make sure your Profile is set as an administrator for the Page you want to place the signup form on, then disconnect the integration and set it up again.
- I don't see the MailChimp signup form tab on my Facebook Page.
After you add the signup form to your Page, the tab displays below your cover photo and under the Apps section on your Page. If your Page has a lot of tabs, the signup form tab may be hidden. Rearrange tabs on your Facebook Pages so the signup tab always displays.
The signup form tab doesn't display on my mobile device.
Facebook's mobile app doesn't support tabs. The signup form tab appears on the desktop version of Facebook, but you won't see it in the mobile app.
The wrong form displays on my Facebook Page.
Make sure you chose the correct list from the List to use drop-down menu on the Integrations page in MailChimp when you set up your Facebook signup form.
Here are a some common problems people run into when sharing campaigns to Facebook or sending a Facebook event as a campaign, and some tips to help you troubleshoot.
- My Follow or Like us on Facebook link goes to my personal Facebook Page.
Facebook Follow, and Friend or Like links default to direct to the Facebook Profile integrated with your MailChimp account. You'll need to replace the URL for your Facebook Profile with the URL for your company Facebook Page on the Design step of the Campaign Builder.
- My Follow or Like us on Facebook link goes to the Facebook website.
If you haven't set up the Facebook integration, Facebook Like and Follow links in your campaigns will default to direct to Facebook's website.
- My Facebook Social Card shows the wrong image or text.
Facebook and Twitter sometimes display old Social Card images and text if you sent a replicated campaign, or if you sent a test email before you enabled Social Cards. Use Facebook's Debugger tool to refresh your featured image or text on Facebook.
- My Facebook event information is wrong in my MailChimp campaign.
If the event information is updated on Facebook after you've created your campaign, you'll need to reselect the Facebook template to refresh the information.