As your list grows, it's important to maintain up-to-date information about your subscribers. This can help to keep your list healthy, improve your deliverability, and increase engagement. Each subscriber's information is stored in a profile that can be updated by you or your subscriber at any time.
In this article, you'll learn how to update an individual profile and help your subscribers update their own information.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you get started.
- This article explains how to edit profiles for subscribed contacts. Profiles for your unsubcribed and non-subscribed contacts can't be edited.
- If you want to update multiple profiles at one time, you can import a list with our auto-update import feature. To learn more, check out our article on how to import subscribers to a list.
- When a subscriber's email address is updated, campaign activity connected to that email address will be lost.
Update a Profile
On any subscribed contact's profile, you can edit the first name, last name, email address, and other list field data including which groups they're subscribed to. Some profile information is considered system information and can't be changed, like when, where, and how the subscriber was added or updated.
To edit an individual subscriber's details and group settings, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Lists page.
- Click the name of the list you want to work with.
- Find the subscriber you want to edit. To search for a subscriber, click the
search icon and type in a first name, last name, or email address.
- Click the subscriber's email address or name.
- Scroll to Subscriber details or Groups subscribed to.
- Click Edit next to the section you want to update.
- Make the necessary changes and click
Use the Update Profile Form in Your Email Campaigns
Each of your lists includes a default update profile form that matches your signup form and allows your contacts to update their own profile information. Every email campaign you send should include a link to your update profile form so your subscribers always have an opportunity to make changes.
We automatically include the *|UPDATE_PROFILE|* merge tag in the default footer content block, but you can add it to any section of your campaign.