Use MailChimp Subscribe to create mobile signup forms on your tablet, so people can join your list from anywhere.
In this article, you'll learn how to connect Subscribe to your MailChimp account, and how to set up a form.
Download Subscribe for Android here.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- Subscribe is supported on tablets with screens seven inches or larger, and may not be supported on older Android tablets. It's also available for iPad.
- Subscribe is not supported on Honeycomb tablets.
- To use Subscribe, you need to have a MailChimp account with lists set up.
- Subscribe works even when you don't have an internet connection. The next time you connect to a WiFi network, we'll sync the addresses you collected while you were offline.
Connect to MailChimp
To connect MailChimp Subscribe to your MailChimp account, follow these steps.
- Launch Subscribe on your tablet and tap
- Swipe through the tutorial, and tap
Connect in the lower-right corner of the screen.
- In the pop-up modal, input your login credentials, and tap
Log In. You can also tap
Scan Key to log in with the
API key from your MailChimp account.
If you have more than one account associated with your login, check the box for each account you want to use with Subscribe, and tap Add Accounts To App.
Create a Form
To set up your first form, follow these steps.
- Tap the Plus icon.
- In the
New Form pop-up modal, type a name for your list, and tap
- Tap the name of the list you want to add subscribers to.
- If you already have
groups set up in your list, you can toggle the slider to blue to turn on groups in Subscribe. Use the checkboxes to choose where to add subscribers.
Learn more about the Add to Group option.
- Tap the green checkmark to finish.
When you're done, you'll be returned to the main Forms List. Tap SHOW to open your form in Live mode and start adding subscribers to your list, or customize the look of your form before you use it. To exit Live mode, swipe down from the top of the screen, then tap the Back button for your device.
About the Add to Group Option
If you have groups set up in your list, you'll have the option to automatically add collected subscribers to the groups you choose. These groups will be hidden from your subscribers, but can be used to build segments in your MailChimp account.
Use the Add to Group option to keep track of which subscribers you collected at a particular time or event. To do this, create a group in your MailChimp list, and choose to automatically add the contacts you collect with Subscribe to that group. For example, if you're going to collect subscribers at an art festival, you could create a group called "Art Festival Subscribers."
If you decide you want to automatically add subscribers to a group after you've created your form, edit the field settings to select a default group, and make the group field hidden.