This feature requires Manager user level or higher.
When you verify your email domain, MailChimp checks that you are using a valid From email address hosted at a domain you can access and aren't sending from domains that aren't actually yours. This will help keep your campaigns out of spam folders and protect the reputation of you, the sender, by ensuring others can’t use your domain without permission.
When you use a free domain (Gmail, Hotmail, etc.) as your From email address, you don't have to manually verify the domain. We'll automatically add the address to the verified list when you enter it on the Setup step of the Campaign Builder. However, if you're sending from a personal or company domain, you'll have to go through the verification process before you can send through MailChimp.
Verify Domain in Account settings
- Click your profile name to open the Account Panel, and select
- Click the
Settings drop-down menu and select
Verify An Email Domain.
- Enter your email address containing the domain you want to verify and click Send Verification Email.
- When you receive the verification email, click the link in the email or enter the verification code in the pop-up window in your account and click Verify Me.
- The screen will refresh and display a success message in a pop-up window. Click
Done to close the pop-up window and return to the
Verify domains page.
Verify Domain in the Campaign Builder
- Navigate to the Setup step of the Campaign Builder.
- Enter the From email address you want to use for the campaign.
Next in the bottom right to refresh the screen and display the verification requirement message.
- Click on the verify this domain link.
- Enter your email address containing the domain you want to verify and click the
Send Verification Email button.
- When you receive the verification email, click the link or enter the verification code in the pop-up window and click the Verify Me button.
- We'll open up the
Verified Domains page in a new window with a success message at the top of the screen.
Delete a Verified Domain
Users with a Manager level or higher can remove a domain from the list of verified domains at any time by following the steps below:
- Click your profile name to open the Account Panel, and s elect Account.
- Click the Settings drop-down menu and select Verified domains.
- Click the Delete button to the right of the domain you want to remove.
- Click Delete in the confirmation pop-up window.
- The screen will refresh and display a success message at the top of the screen.