The best way to grow an email list is to do so slowly and organically, so that the people on your list are really engaged and are the top notch followers of your business or organization. We'll help get you started. Keep sending awesome and relevant content and you'll see your list grow.
The Right Way
If you just started your business, or just launched your website, you probably don't have an email list to send to. So, what do you do?
Ways To Grow Your Opt-In List
Your MailChimp list already has an associated signup form. Place yours on your website, or share on social media. Find a link to your signup forms by following these steps:
- Navigate to the Lists page.
- Click the drop-down menu for the list whose forms you want to work with and choose
- Click the
General forms option.
- Copy the link under
Subscribe Form URL.
Once you have your signup form link you can share it.
- Link to your signup form from every page of your website (you might add a link to your footer, or side navigation).
- Ask everyone in your company to put a link to the email signup form in your email signature.
- Add your signup form link to your invoices.
- Offer free giveaways to one lucky subscriber.
- Post free whitepapers or helpful articles on your site, which contain "ads" for your email newsletter.
- Send out personal, one-to-one emails to all your clients, and ask them to please sign up to your newsletter.
- In your "Contact Us" form on your website, add a checkbox to "sign up for our newsletter".
- Add an "opt-in for our newsletter" checkbox in your ecommerce checkout page.
Already Have a List of Customers?
Even though someone is a current or past customer of yours, they may not want to receive emails from you.
If you have a list of customer email addresses and you want to start sending them email marketing, but you don't have their permission yet, you need to ask for it.
Send a "Re-Introduction Email" from your regular email address (not a bulk email program like MailChimp). Put together a personal note like you would write to a friend. Include the link to your signup form in the emails. This signup process is simple and effective.
The Wrong Way