A permission reminder makes it clear in your campaign where your recipients signed up for the list. In some cases, it can also help prevent you from mistakenly getting reported or blacklisted as a spammer. It's good to include this reminder as a refresher for your subscribers, especially if you don't send emails to your list on a regular basis. MailChimp automatically inserts your permission reminder into all our built-in templates for you with the *|LIST:DESCRIPTION|* merge tag. In this article we walk you through how to edit the permission reminder in your account.
In this article:
Edit your permission reminder from a campaign
- Navigate to the Design step of the Campaign Builder.
- Click the the pencil icon to open the edit window for the footer.
- Click the Edit Contact Info button above the content editor.
- You can make any changes to information pulled in by the merge tags in the footer here, including your address and permission reminder.
- Click the Save button to return to your campaign.
Edit your permission reminder in a list
- Navigate to the Lists page
- Click the drop down menu for the list and select Settings.
- Click the Required email footer content link on the Settings page.
- Make the changes you'd like to your permission reminder and press the
|Was this article helpful?||
|What can we do to improve your experience with articles like this?|
At this time, we are unable to reply to any responses, but we'll use this information to keep the site up-to-date.