If you no longer need to use MailChimp, you have the option to temporarily pause or permanently close your account in your Account Settings.
When you permanently close an account, your lists, campaign archives and reports cannot be restored. Before you close an account, be sure to back up your data.
Once the backup is complete, follow these steps to close your account:
- Click your profile name to open the account panel.
- Choose Account Settings.
- Click the Account settings drop down and choose Pause or delete account.
- Click the radio button next to Permanently delete this account.
- Click the Permanently Delete Account button.
- On the Confirm Account Deletion pop-up modal, type DELETE in all caps in the Type DELETE to confirm field.
- Click the Delete Your Account button to permanently close your MailChimp account.
- On the confirmation screen, you'll have the option to tell us why you closed your account.
Once an account has been deleted it cannot be restored, so any data that was not backed up would be removed from our system and no longer able to be accessed.
If you just want to stop monthly billing, you can purchase Pay as you go credits instead. Take a look at this article for steps on how to switch payment plans. If you don't need to send emails for a while, but want to retain access to your MailChimp account and be able to reactivate sending later, you can also pause your account twice a year.
|Was this article helpful?||
|What can we do to improve your experience with articles like this?|
At this time, we are unable to reply to any responses, but we'll use this information to keep the site up-to-date.