The subscriber profile page contains all the available information we've collected for a specific email address in your list. We'll display a profile picture (if it's publicly available), social data, activity history, the member rating, and other useful information about the subscriber. You can also edit, unsubscribe, or delete a subscriber directly from their profile page.
There are a couple of ways to get to a subscriber's profile. You can use our Search tool built into the app to find subscribers or you can also find this info from the Lists page in the account:
- Navigate to the Lists page.
- Click the title of the list your subscriber is a member of.
- Find the subscriber and click their email address to view their subscriber profile.
Information available in a subscriber profile
The upper portion of a subscriber profile shows the general information we've collected about this subscriber. In addition to a subscriber's email address we'll also display the following:
- Member Rating We'll display a number of stars between 0 and 5 that represent a subscriber's engagement level. Member ratings take into account open and click activity, past bounces or unsubscribes, as well as a few additional factors to determine a subscriber's engagement.
- Subscribed Displays the date the subscriber was added to your list, along with the IP address from which they signed up as well. If the subscriber was added manually or passed over via the API, we'll show your IP address and the message: You added this member.
- Signup Source Displays how the subscriber was added to your list. We can track whether the subscriber opted-in to your list using your hosted MailChimp signup form, a MailChimp Embed Code form, or the Facebook Signup Application. We can also track if the subscriber was added via our API, OAuth apps, added manually or during a list import, as well as through Ecommerce360 actions. If you have subscribers that were added to your list before 9/19/2012 they will not have a signup source listed. To segment these subscribers you can use Date added > is before > 9/20/2012.
- Profile Updated Notes when changes were made to a subscriber's profile, whether made by the subscriber using an Update Profile link or by an account admin changing the subscriber's profile.
- Timezone When a subscriber signs up for your list, we collect the IP address from their signup location. The IP address information is then sent to a geolocation service provider to get an estimate of your recipients' locations which allows us to determine their timezone. The geolocation data maintained dynamically by gathering the new IP address through a subscriber's campaign activity.
- Language When a subscriber opts-in to your list, updates their profile, or clicks links in your campaigns (if you've enabled click-tracking), we'll try to detect their browser's language settings in order to determine their preferred language. You can even segment your list based on subscriber language.
- VIP When you tag a subscriber as a VIP, you can track their activity using our Golden Monkeys app for iPhone and Android.
The information under the Details tab on the subscriber profile goes more in depth about each subscriber.
- Subscriber details Subscriber details will show any fields set up for this list along with the subscriber's information for those fields.
- Groups subscribed to Here you'll be able to see which groups this subscriber is currently a member of in this list. If you don't currently have groups set up in your list, you will not see the Groups subscribed to section of the subscriber profile.
- Social profile If you've activated SocialPro for your list, we'll display publicly available social data for the subscriber. We'll pull in and populate Name, Age, Gender, Company, and Social Networks based on available information tied to the subscriber's email address.
For each subscriber in your list, we'll display which campaigns you've sent them, which campaigns they've opened, and what links they've clicked on. You can use the Filter activity drop down to filter the results by type of activity and/or date.
In the activity history, you can view and filter by the following options
- All activity Displays a chronological overview of all activity for your subscriber.
- Campaign sends We'll display when Regular Ol', RSS-Driven, A/B Split, Autoresponder, or TimeWarp campaign was sent. When an A/B Split campaign is sent we'll display which group, A or B, the subscriber was a part of.
- Opens When a subscriber opens your campaign we'll display the date and time here.
- Clicks If a link is clicked in the campaign, we'll display the date and time here.
- Bounces Bounces are undeliverable addresses to an inbox, if an email bounces on send we'll display that info here.
- Unsubscribes When a user unsubscribes from your list we'll display the date and time it occurred.
- Abuse complaints An abuse complaint occurs when your recipient clicks on "report spam" in their email program. If this occurs we'll display the date and time here.
- Mandrill activity If you've connected your MailChimp account to Mandrill we'll display activity history for sends, opens, and clicks passed over from your Mandrill account.
Activity History information is gathered for a subscriber for as long as they're on your list. If they happen to unsubscribe and resubscribe, their previous Activity History will still be available.
The Notes field under the subscriber info section allows you to add subscriber specific information this is visible on the profile only. This is useful for keeping track of any pertinent information that you don't want as a merge field or visible on the signup form.
The Conversations tab logs conversations you've had with subscribers. On this page you can view, reply to, filter, or delete messages from this subscriber. Read more about conversation tracking here.
This page displays a breakdown of all the subscriber's purchases tracked through Ecommerce360 activity. If the purchase was tied to a MailChimp campaign, we'll show the name of the campaign as well.
This feature is accessible by users with Manager level or higher permissions. Take a look at this article to learn more about the different access levels for a MailChimp account.