We made this totally easy with the use of a merge tag, which pulls in custom information with simple text.
Type or copy/paste that merge tag into your campaign where you want the "Like" button to appear. While you're editing the campaign, you'll see the merge tag text, but when you send the campaign to subscribers, the tag will be replaced with the button. To see the button in action before you send your campaign, send yourself a test campaign.
When the sent campaign hits your subscriber's inbox, here's what will happen.
- Your recipient will click on the "like" button.
- Then, they must confirm that they want to like your campaign.
- We'll give them the option to add a comment to the "like".
- They'll click on "post to Facebook" and the like will appear this way:
- If they didn't add a comment, we'll post the like along with the subject of the campaign on their Facebook Wall. This link will go to your campaign archive link .
This feature is available to users with Author level or higher permissions. Take a look at this article to learn more about the different access levels for a MailChimp account.