If you've already integrated MailChimp with your Facebook account, you can assign forms to your Facebook Pages and customize how the signup form appears on Facebook. The Facebook signup form works just like your MailChimp double opt-in signup forms. When someone fills out the form, we'll send an email asking them to confirm their subscription. MailChimp signup forms can only be placed on Facebook Pages managed through the personal Facebook profile integrated with your MailChimp account.
Assign forms to Facebook Pages
- Click your profile name to open the Account Panel and choose Account Settings.
- Click the Extras drop down menu on the account page and choose Integrations.
- Click Facebook to open the integration details.
- Click the Page to use drop down menu and choose the Facebook page you'd like to place the signup form on.
- In the List to use drop down menu, choose which list's form you want on this page. If you don't want a form on this page, just choose no list connected.
- Click the yes radio button under Use signup form tab to activate the tab on the Facebook page. This will open additional options for the form.
- In the Form theme drop down, choose which form style you'd like. If you choose My List's Theme (default), your signup form will look like your MailChimp hosted signup form. If you select Facebook-esque, your signup form will blend more into Facebook's overall look.
- Assign a name for your tab in the Tab label field.
- Click save and wait for confirmation that your changes have been saved.
Facebook visitors will now see a MailChimp signup tab on a page. When they click the tab they'll be able to sign up to your list
If you need to change the list associated with your page, just head back to the Integrations page to make any changes.
Customize your forms
You can change the theme of your signup form in Facebook by going back to the Integrations page in your MailChimp account and choosing your Facebook Page from the Page to use drop down menu. Then pick a different theme from the Form theme drop down.
Do you want to change what My List's Theme (default) looks like? You can change it by customizing your signup form. Once you make changes to your forms in MailChimp, we'll push them over to Facebook. You can refresh your Facebook Page to see the changes pushed through to the Facebook MailChimp application.
Customize the text that appears for the signup form tab on your Facebook page by going to back to the Integrations page and specifying the tab label for the page. This will default to "Email Signup" if you don't specify a label.
- The Page to use drop down menu doesn't have the page you want to place the form on. MailChimp forms can only be placed on Facebook Pages managed through the personal Facebook page integrated with MailChimp. Check with the Facebook Page owner to make sure your personal profile is set as an administrator for that Facebook Page. It may also be good to disconnect and reconnect the Facebook integration just to make sure no steps were missed when originally setting it up.
- Not seeing MailChimp signup tab on Facebook Page. Sometimes if your Facebook Page has a lot of tabs the signup form tab can get hidden. Check out this article for how to rearrange tabs on your Facebook Pages.
- Wrong form is displaying on Facebook page. Check to make sure the correct list was chosen from the List to use drop down menu on the Integrations page in MailChimp.
This feature is accessible by users with Manager level or higher permissions. Take a look at this article to learn more about the different access levels for a MailChimp account.
This form uses MailChimp's standard double opt-in process. A single opt-in form is not available with this integration at this time.
- How do I integrate Facebook with MailChimp?
- Troubleshooting the MailChimp signup form page on Facebook
- Can I create a MailChimp list from my Facebook followers?
- How do I disconnect my Facebook - MailChimp connection?
- What do I do if I get an error message in Facebook indicating that I don’t have a signup form yet?