When you add hidden fields to your MailChimp signup form, you can store data about your subscribers in your list without them ever seeing it. The data in these hidden fields can then be used to segment your list. Below, we walk through how hidden fields can easily be added to your signup form.
- Navigate to the Lists page.
- Click on the list drop down menu and select Signup forms.
- Select the General forms option.
- Make sure you're on the Build It tab.
- Select the field you'd like to hide.
- On the right hand side, under field settings you'll see the individual options for that field.
- Field visibility gives you the option to make a field visible only to you. Select hidden to make the field visible to only you.
- Choose Save Field to save your changes.
This feature is accessible by users with Manager level or higher permissions. Take a look at this article to learn more about the different access levels for a MailChimp account.