This feature is accessible by users with Author level or higher permissions. Take a look at this article to learn more about the different access levels for a MailChimp account.
When you create a campaign using MailChimp's Campaign Builder, you can select a campaign type, add recipients, choose a template design, and add your own content! In this article, we'll show you how to create an email campaign using our Campaign Builder.
Create a campaign
- Navigate to the Campaigns page.
- Click the Create Campaign button.
- Select a campaign type from the drop down menu. We'll be working with the Regular Ol' Campaign type for the remainder of the steps in this article.
- On the Recipients step, select the list that you'd like to send your campaign to.
- To send to your entire list and proceed to the next step, click the right arrow on the navigation bar or the orange Next Step: Setup button.
To send to a segment of your list, click the Send to Segment link and add your segmenting conditions. Then click the the right arrow on the navigation bar or the orange Next Step: Setup button.
- On the Setup step, add your campaign info, select tracking options, and connect to Facebook and Twitter. When you're finished, click the right arrow on the navigation bar to proceed to the Design step.
- Select a template type to begin designing your content.
Any templates that you've saved or imported are located under the My Templates option. You can also copy/paste HTML, upload a .zip file, or select Code Your Own to create a custom template. If you'd like your template to be editable in our Campaign Builder, use our Template Language in your HTML. Click here for more tips on HTML coding for email.
- Once you've chosen a template option, click Select on the template of your choice to use it in your campaign.
Click the magnifying glass icon under any template thumbnail to see a preview of the template.
- Click the show style editor link to set the default styles for your campaign. The style editor shows tabs for each of the editable content areas of your template. Using the style editor, you can set the color and text styles for your campaign.
- Click any area in the template with a red dashed line around it to open the Edit Your Content window. Take a look at this article for tips on editing content.
- Once you've added your text and images, click the Save Now button to save your content for the region.
- When your design is complete you can preview the campaign by hovering over the Preview & Test button at the top of the page and selecting the Open Popup Preview option.
- Click the right arrow on navigation bar to move to the Plain-Text step.
- Click the Copy Text From HTML button to automatically generate the plain-text portion of your campaign. Take a look at this article for more info on how to create and format the plain-text version of your campaign.
- Once you've finalized the plain-text version of your campaign, click the right arrow on the navigation bar to continue to the Confirm step.
- Review the pre-delivery checklist presented on the Confirm step. Any errors or missing info are noted on this screen.
Click Resolve to go back to the step containing errors. Click the Edit button to return to a step to make any final changes or additions to your campaign.
- Test your campaign again by hovering over the Preview & Test button at the bottom of the page and selecting the Open Popup Preview or Send a Test Email options from the drop down menu. For additional campaign testing tips, click here.
- When you've completed testing your campaign, you can send or schedule it at the bottom of the page using the Send Now or Schedule buttons.
When you select the Schedule option you'll be able to select the delivery date and time using a calendar picker and drop down menus. The timezone that's set for your account will also be displayed here and you'll have the option to edit it if it's incorrect.