This feature is available to users with Author level or higher permissions. Take a look at this article to learn more about the different access levels for a MailChimp account.
To set up an A/B Split testing campaign, click the Create Campaign button from the Dashboard or the Campaigns page in your MailChimp account. Then choose the A/B Split Campaign type.
- On the A/B Split step of the Campaign Builder, we'll show you the A/B split testing options. You can test the following: subject line, from name, or delivery date/times.
- For subject line and from name tests, specify the percentage of your list to use for testing (the remaining portion will get the winning version), and how and when the winner is determined.
Delivery date/times testing splits a list into two equal groups and the winner is determined by the open rates for the two versions. You'll choose the send times on the last step of the Campaign Builder.
- Click the right arrow on the Campaign Builder navigation bar to proceed to the Recipients step and choose the list (or segment of your list) to use for your A/B Split testing.
- Set up your campaign subject line(s), from name(s), tracking options and sharing options on the Setup step.
- Proceed to the Design step when you're ready by clicking the right arrow.
- On the Design and Plain-Text steps, you'll create the HTML and plain-text versions of your campaign. You can also run an A/B test on your content.
- On the Confirm step, review your campaign details. If you're testing subject lines or from names, you can click the Send Now button or schedule your test for a later date/time. If you're testing delivery date/times, schedule your delivery times below the pre-delivery checklist by clicking the Schedule button, choosing your date/times, and clicking Schedule when you're done!
A/B Spilt campaigns are an advanced feature available immediately for accounts on paid plans (monthly and pay as you go). On the Forever Free plan, this feature will unlock automatically after a few campaigns have been sent and reports have been tracked.
- Can I tell which subscribers are in Groups A & B for an A/B Split campaign?
- How do I manually pick the winner for my A/B split campaign?
- How do I view the reports for my A/B split campaign?
- How can I run an A/B split test campaign on my content?
- On and A/B split test, which Group is the winner when there are no opens or clicks on the campaign?