When people send you money through PayPal, you can have them automatically added to your MailChimp list.
To set up the PayPal integration, here's what you need to do:
- Click your username to reveal the Account Panel and choose the Account Settings option.
- From the Account Settings page, click the Extras menu and select Integrations.
- Click PayPal to open the PayPal details.
- Choose a list from the drop-down menu. This is the list that your buyers will be added to and instructions will appear with specific information related to this list.
- Review the information below that will be transmitted to this list. If you need to modify your list fields to match with PayPal, instructions can be found here.
- Copy the notification URL provided.
- Log in to your PayPal Business or Premier account.
- Click Profile to be taken to the profile overview.
- Click My selling tools.
- Click Update next to Instant Payment Notifications.
- If you don't currently have IPN settings for your PayPal account, you'll be prompted to choose your settings; if you already have an IPN set up for the account, you'll have the option to update the settings.
- Paste your notification URL in the Notification URL box, and be sure that IPN messages are enabled.
- Click save once you've entered the notification URL and enabled IPN messages.
As people send you money through PayPal, their transaction data will be sent to MailChimp. There's nothing more you need to do!
If you're looking at the Connection Status for one of your lists under Account Settings > Integrations > PayPal, no connection will be shown until at least one successful transaction has been submitted via PayPal. Since all of the set up for the notifications is done within your PayPal account, we can only track once information is actually sent to your list.
If you have a shopping cart system set up to send transactions through PayPal, our PayPal integration may not be the best choice for adding buyers to your list. Each PayPal transaction can have only one notification URL, and most shopping cart systems send a transaction-specific URL to PayPal so you can track payments in the shopping cart program. Unfortunately, this will override the MailChimp IPN that is set up for the PayPal account. If you are using a shopping cart system, you may want to check out our Connect Directory to find an integration that can work with your shopping cart system instead.
This feature is accessible by users with Manager level or higher permissions. Take a look at this article to learn more about the different access levels for a MailChimp account.