This feature is accessible by users with Manager level or higher permissions. Take a look at this article to learn more about the different access levels for a MailChimp account.
The easiest way to get people to sign up for your blog is to add a signup form right into the site. Currently, Wordpress.com doesn't allow a way to paste in your signup form's embed code into your wordpress.com site. You can, however, add a link to your signup form right there on your home page. Take these steps to add your MailChimp signup form to your Wordpress blog or site .
To get your Signup Form Link Code, follow these steps:
- Go to your Lists Tab.
- Click on the View List.
- Click on the for your website link.
- On the for your website page, click on the Signup Form Link Code.
- Copy and paste the MailChimp subscribe code. This is the very basic HTML that will allow you to post a hyperlink to your signup form while customizing the hyperlink to say something like "Subscribe to our newsletter".
Now that you've grabbed this code, head over to your wordpress.com site.
- In your WordPress dashboard, click on appearance and then on widgets.
- Choose a "text" widget and drag it to the side bar on which you'd like your signup form.
- Open up the text box that you've dragged into a side column or widget area.
- This will open a box in which you can paste your embed form link.
- Once you're done, click save. Now you've added a link to your signup page on the home page of your web site.
Adding More Than One Form
It's a little hacky, but the steps for a workaround are here on the Wordpress forum.
Using the Embed code is ok as long as it's a widget and the only widget.