Chimpadeedoo is MailChimp's iPad app. Chimpadeedoo will allow you to have a simple signup form on your iPad for people shopping in your store, attending your music or art shows, visiting your church or people you meet at trade shows or just out and about all while you're looking cool with your iPad.
For those setting up Chimpadeedoo, here's what you need to do:
- If you haven't already, go to the app store and search for Chimpadeedoo and download the app.
- Enter the app and the first screen will be a prompt to set up Chimpadeedoo by logging in and choosing a list. Click on the lock icon at the top of the screen and then the Settings gear on the top right.
- This will bring up the Settings window where you can choose to log in with your username and password or your API key.
- If you choose to use your API Key, you can either enter your API Key (found by going to Account > API Keys and Info) or, if you have an iPad2, you can scan your QR code (also found by going to Account > API Keys and Info).
- Once logged in, you can choose your list from the settings window.
- Choose the Visible Fields option to toggle the field you'd like to be visible off or on.
- You'll also be able to choose from Single Opt-in, Double Opt-in or Single Opt-in with a Welcome Email.
- Click the Done button to exit the screen.
- Now, you'll see your signup form, shown with the default background.
- The bar across the top will let you make changes to your form. Each icon focuses on a different area. The palette icon lets you select different color options.
- The A icon lets you update your text fields and change font styles.
- The Picture icon let's you select a pre-design theme or upload your own background image. You can also add your own logo to your Chimpadeedoo screen.
- The Box icon gives you different placement options for your logo or turn your logo off altogether. The Classic option removes your logo and displays your form in the same fashion we used in Chimpadeedoo version 1.
- Once you've got your form just as you'd like it, you can Lock the account so that the settings can only be changed after you enter a specific Chimpadeedoo password that will set on the Lock screen.
Things to know about Chimpadeedoo:
- Additional fields can be added, except groups.
- If you are not connected to a wireless connection, Chimpadeedoo will still work. We'll just save all the signups in the app and send them over to your list the next time you connect.
- You can only allow subscribers to sign up for one list at a time in the app. If you need to switch lists, you can do so in the settings (just click the upper right hand corner).
- When you look at the entries from your iPad in the list the Join Date will be when the app sends the email addresses to the list (so if you don't have a wireless connection up at the time your subscribers sign up, the join date will be noted at the next time you connect).
- The IP Address will be the IP address of the wireless connection and we'll note (You added this member) in the list details.
- If you want to collect more information about the subscribers who signed up through Chimpadeedoo, you can use the update profile link in your campaigns or Welcome Email and request more information when you send them their first campaign.